Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Attempted breakin

Somebody has recently attempted to break into my apartment, made a mess on the door and the frame. Going to get my insurance involved and make a claim there for the damage.....anyone had similar experiences???

Break In

How would we know? Where are you staying? Are you on holiday? Do you live here? Is your house fitted with an alarm? If so, do you use it? Was it thorugh the day or night?

I have infinite more questions but to many to bore you - if you are on holiday = are you insured?

Interesting thought - I have heard that it is the recent "in thing" - a robbery on holiday - .................

On holiday in February and the only people that had their door kicked open and were burgled - were a group of young "Brits".

Holiday - Dominican Republic - Hotel - Occidental Allegro. Nobody else had any problems...............................

Comentario

Holidaymakers have always been the easy target for as long as I can remember, the basic principle being that they are switched into 'holiday mode' and are therefore not so security conscious as they should be. There has even been evidence of people being trailed from the airport by undesirables who wait for the opportune moment, such as when the holiday maker is unloading baggage at the place of residence. Some friends of mine arrived on holiday a couple of years ago and were barely away from the car for a minute when they arrived at their villa but returned to find a window smashed and a laptop lifted from the rear seat. Happy holidays.

Comentario

Break In

My own place near to the Town centre happened about 10am, I assume that they must have watched us leave the apartment block. Was back within the hour. I come over to Torry 5 or 6 times a year, no problems previously. It was good solid door with good locks withstood repeated attempts from a crow bar.
        So whats all this about "the in thing"?????????

Comentario

locks

Originalmente publicado por Lloyd Ver Mensaje
          My own place near to the Town centre happened about 10am, I assume that they must have watched us leave the apartment block. Was back within the hour. I come over to Torry 5 or 6 times a year, no problems previously. It was good solid door with good locks withstood repeated attempts from a crow bar.
          So whats all this about "the in thing"?????????
          Any lock can be opened within 2-3 minutes. I used to own a locksmith company and know. An alarm that makes a lot of sound and neighbours who keep a good eye with what happens in the street is the best way to avoid problem.

Many areas here are completely abandoned off season, and they make easy targets. Good crooks could even disguise themselves as representatives for the water and electricity company, so ALWAYS ask for identification from people who go into your or your neighbours property. If they fail to identify themselves, don't confront them. Go back to your own house, and call the Policia Local.

Comentario

I much regret to say that we have so many burglaries and thefts around where I own, I have given up counting.

Only the other evening down the road from me in the 'Battenburg' houses, someone was disturbed by a loud bang at 3.30 am, looked outside and saw a neighbour's grille on the floor and windows open.

Called the police and discovered several others had been 'done.'

Crime is a fact of life here and all one can really do is to prepare for it properly.

Each household here has a translated denuncia report form in Spanish, English and German to hold ready.

I see one urbanisation has actually erected a sign telling burglars as long as they are not violent they can come along so prolific have break ins become. I believe this is what will happen more now that the building boom has gone and there are more unemployed. The devil tends to find work for idle hands.

I own in Brittany and crime there is very uncommon and alarms on houses unheard of. Virtually the same in Cornwall. In both places also, if one is subject of a break in the police will attend unlike here where I think they are overwhelmed.

-------------------------------------------------------------
            I subscribe to: Cornish not English

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Cornish lady Ver Mensaje
              I much regret to say that we have so many burglaries and thefts around where I own, I have given up counting.

Only the other evening down the road from me in the 'Battenburg' houses, someone was disturbed by a loud bang at 3.30 am, looked outside and saw a neighbour's grille on the floor and windows open.

Called the police and discovered several others had been 'done.'

Crime is a fact of life here and all one can really do is to prepare for it properly.

Each household here has a translated denuncia report form in Spanish, English and German to hold ready.

I see one urbanisation has actually erected a sign telling burglars as long as they are not violent they can come along so prolific have break ins become. I believe this is what will happen more now that the building boom has gone and there are more unemployed. The devil tends to find work for idle hands.

I own in Brittany and crime there is very uncommon and alarms on houses unheard of. Virtually the same in Cornwall. In both places also, if one is subject of a break in the police will attend unlike here where I think they are overwhelmed.

-------------------------------------------------------------
              I subscribe to: Cornish not English
              That's terrible, what area are you in?

Comentario

Orihuela Costa, I'm afraid !

Comentario

If they can rob a bank. they can rob your home. Thats a fact we have to live with.
                  Security grills, alarms, safetydoors etc etc are good but will NOT stop them from getting in if they want to.
                  The purpose of all antiburglary system is to deter and to delay. In your case they obviously couldnt get in fast enough. Congrats!

Comentario

and you'll still get people saying "it's the same anywhere in the world and no worse than the UK"

Yeah right.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Scorpio Ver Mensaje
                      and you'll still get people saying "it's the same anywhere in the world and no worse than the UK"

Yeah right.
                      Would be interesting to see some real statistic for this. I know that the crim rate in Spain is much higher than in Sweden. as Sweden has a population of 9 million compared to 40 in Spain. But you get areas in Sweden that are worse than Torrevieja for example.

Dont know how true this is though.
                      http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/798708/posts

Comentario

It may be true, it may not, but it's 10 years ago, so not really relevant.

Comentario

Locking your door?

Originalmente publicado por Nalle Ver Mensaje
                          Would be interesting to see some real statistic for this. I know that the crim rate in Spain is much higher than in Sweden. as Sweden has a population of 9 million compared to 40 in Spain. But you get areas in Sweden that are worse than Torrevieja for example.

Dont know how true this is though.
                          http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/798708/posts
                          Still, in Norway and Sweden many people still feel so safe that they don't lock their doors. It's coming to an end, but lets not speculate why...

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Scorpio Ver Mensaje

Yeah right.
                            I still live in the uk for the moment and it is worse here. for example 3 teenage MURDERS in 2 weeks within 5 miles of where i live and this is suposed to be a very good area!

Comentario

It's still relevant, the figures haven't changed that much. The crime rate in the UK are much worse than in the majority of the EU member countries. Much worse than Spain.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X