Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

adsl telefonica

i have 2mb adsl with telefonica @ 29.99 per month. great till the modem / router went down. called 1004 for assistance and when you mention adsl the line goes dead. so off to the telefonica shop in ramon gallud, "no problem call the broadband eng on ****" so i did. tried in my best spanish to explain the problem.....they were so efficient.....hung up straight away. so now, its my own modem. wish i could find another competitive provider!
    BTW its one problem in 5 years so in the grand scheme its not bad.

Comentario

broadband

I have just been reading this months inland magazine it has 2 ISP's don't know whether they cover your area but here are the websites details
      The Simple & Fast Way To Internet In Your Home this one does internet and Skype phone packages from 30 euros a month I seem to remember my boss saying he uses this company & aeromax - The Original WiMAX Pioneers - Internet de Banda Ancha y Telefona por WiMAX - WiMAX en Alicante - WiMAX en Murcia no prices on their site but there is an email contact

Comentario

I called Telefonica today for a duplicate bill and they offered me an upgrade to 6meg at no extra cost and will be live in 72hrs.
        Roy

Comentario

Paying up front...

Originalmente publicado por GAL Ver Mensaje
          Hells Teeth John
          Maybe the 861 euros I paid isn't as exorbitant as I first thought for 1/2mb(more than enough for a silver surfer) and calls
          it did include the full system and a wireless router at a total cost of 305 euros (let them try and take it back when I change)
          then I paid up front for 12 months access at 556 euros
          This includes all my phone calls and I have made many to Spanish Landlines Spanish Mobiles, al over the UK, 0870 etc, USA, USA mobiles.
          So Shhush everyone don't say a word cos I was told I only got Uk landlines free
          I don't like to pay up front. I like to be invoiced in the end of the month, take the bill to the bank, and pay for what I got. The old fashion way.

512Kb/s sounds like an acceptable surfing rate 10-15 years ago. I remember having a radio-link and a big mast at some time. I guess it is good enough to read email and do some surfing today, but as the web-sites get more and more fancy/user friendly/full of shitty ads/etc I think it will be way to slow.

If all phone calls are included, it still sounds like a good deal you got depending on how much you call, ofcourse.

The plan with Vodafone mentioned here, sounds interesting. I got an "unlimited" plan with Movistar, and can use it as a modem with bluetooth or USB cable. Since I am running more than a computer on my network, and need to maintain a base at home, I am not sure if I am ready to go 100% mobile yet, but it is obviously the future.

Comentario

I'm not overly keen on paying up front but when you are offered a good deal you have to weigh up what's best for you personally. I
            will say the aftersales is fantastic if there is a problem it gets sorted quickly.
            As for speed I am told Spain is about 5 years behind the UK and the UK could do superfast speed if they wanted to,so that could possiblly be the reason for the the instant upgrades people are getting at the moment here in Spain
            As I don't do vidoe,games, and music downloads
            I don't really need 16mb which I was getting in the UK in March of this year and at £15 including line rental the majority of calls from Tiscali,
            I may check Tiscali es, for any good deals.
            Anyone know how long will it be before those type of speeds reach us here ?

Comentario

Just have to say that after ordering broadband on Monday afternoon the equipment arrived this morning (Wednesday) at first when I looked at it I thought however will we fit this up between us, but I managed to get everything wired up correctly and for me that must be easy, and when my Son got home he got our main house computer on and also his laptop up and running completely wireless within half an hour, okay the disc is in Spanish but it all seems straight forward and I can tell you that this thing is so damn quick I can't keep up with it. When back in the UK I use both my Daughter and my Mother's pc Daughter with BT Mother with talk talk this knocks spots off both, have to say that so far my Son and I are well happy, but will of course keep you updated.

Comentario

I was told yesterday by Gap Solutions in Benejazar that they had recently changed to a new ISP called euphony.es. Tracey told me it has saved her 200 euros a month on her mobile/internet package it looks cheap to me
                Apparently they have been in the UK many years that is from a neighbour who works in telecoms.

Comentario

ADSL with orange

Went into the orange shop in habanaras today. They offered 6mb adsl including calls for 24€ per month, 10€ for first three month and includes a free wife router. Has anyone taken up this offer and do you know of any added extras?

Comentario

Wife router ? Where are you thinking of sending her to ? Sounds like an added extra right there !

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Brindleboy123 Ver Mensaje
                      Went into the orange shop in habanaras today. They offered 6mb adsl including calls for 24€ per month, 10€ for first three month and includes a free wife router. Has anyone taken up this offer and do you know of any added extras?
                      Sounds a great deal. What area are you in? - I don't think we could get 6mb in Quesada.

Comentario

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Brindleboy123

Sounds a great deal. What area are you in? - I don't think we could get 6mb in Quesada.Quote:

Just went on the Orange website, it told me I couldn't have the €24 deal, but I could have 6mb plus calls for €39.95.

Comentario

John 73 I do know who you deal with but Telefonica prices are as follows :-
                          Internet 3Mb 39.90€
                          Maintenance ADSL 3.50$
                          Line Rental 18.75€
                          Total 62.15€ plus IVA = 72.89€ per month.

The service has been very reliable and my actual download speed is around 2.65Mb.
                          All local calls are free though charge for calls to mobiles.

I feel this is a good service and if you do have a problem only one supplier to deal with, that way they cannot blame each other for faults.

Comentario

You will find that the broadband in spain will get cheaper and faster. As someone said. Spain is a bit behind when talking IT. Seen an add on the tele the other day that Telefonica is now offering (dont qoute me this) 6Mb at 9.99. That to me sounds like a really good deal. 6Mb is good enough to do most things, unless you want to host a big internet site.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Aylyn Ver Mensaje
                              John 73 I do know who you deal with but Telefonica prices are as follows :-
                              Internet 3Mb 39.90€
                              Maintenance ADSL 3.50$
                              Line Rental 18.75€
                              Total 62.15€ plus IVA = 72.89€ per month.

The service has been very reliable and my actual download speed is around 2.65Mb.
                              All local calls are free though charge for calls to mobiles.

I feel this is a good service and if you do have a problem only one supplier to deal with, that way they cannot blame each other for faults.
                              I just wrote of the info from my phone bill. Looks like we have slightly different deals. I think they sold me some 'bonus' services etc, or maybe we just 'went onto the contract' at different times when different offers applied.

I am happy with the service I get too.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por JOHN73 Ver Mensaje
                                18,15 Basic line cost/subscription
                                43,90 Internet 3Mb (national calls and 60 minutes to Spanish mobiles included)
                                5,00 Maintenance of ADSL (I got no idea what this is)
                                15,46 International phone calls (25 calls total 1h and 3min - most done to mobiles or during business hours)
                                4,75 Calls to Spanish mobiles (20 calls total 1h and 26min)
                                13,19 IVA (VAT)
                                101,23 Total bill

Considering what I get I think it is a fair price.
                                The maintance for your adsl is incase you need a technician out. you wont be charged for it. I belive you can cancel that fee.

What I dont like about telefonica is the line rental. That is a total rip off.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X