Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Originalmente publicado por Ellsam Ver Mensaje
    If you support the work that the Clean up the Costa campaign is doing I would ask you to delete your post on this thread as the reputation you are acquiring on this site and the other in Torrevieja is not a benefit to the campaign.

You have already posted details of your album on your other threads so there is no need to put it on here.

Elliot Sampford

Sorry Elliot but I take objection to this.

If someone is actively suporting your campaign, whilst at the same time drawing attention to his own plight, why, just because his campaign is more "direct" than yours, should you want to dissassociate yourself from him ???????

Seems a little bit hypocrytical to me..............................

or are brownie points more important than real issues

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por koali Ver Mensaje
      Having been through all KC1's posts Ellsam, I see that you have been posting on other forums as well telling people what a tip this area is:

I take it you are the one and same man who says:

'If anyone is thinking of relocating to Orihuela Costa they might like to look at this as part of their research.'

then refers to a You Tube film as below ?

Thinking of moving to Oriuela Costa? - Community Forums - Expatica

then this comment on the same forum aimed at potential buyers here:

'Everyone who has a property in Orihuela Costa is affected by this. We are surrounded by ongoing construction in it's varying stages with the PP ruling Council, the developers and the constructors not giving a dam. Their only concern is looking after the interests of each other, corruption comes to mind, at the expense of the environment and the residents of Orihuela Costa.

The area has become a concrete jungle interspersed with builders landfill sites!

Any prospective purchasers of property in the area beware, and especially those who buy off plan. The developement may be illegal, may not ever be completed correctly and may not have the correct legal documentation. The Estate Agents selling the off plan properties will not tell you this.'

You are a politician so obviously the truth hurts you as well. My family and I agree with KC1 and he has published photographs which prove what he says. Why the hell should taxpayers have to pick up anyway - what are the Town Hall doing ? They have made a fortune out of us in various taxes. Where the hell has it all gone ? Ask that of your bent Councillor. Greens, more like yellows ! No wonder Pokroppa openly takes the mickey out of you.

Britbuild - you make a very good and fair point. CK1 has struck a raw nerve and I recognise the areas depicted in many of his photographs and agree that those places leave a lot to be desired.

Now, Elliot Sampford, you have not answered my question.

The Green Party - Los Verdes - is a Political Party with Councillors of Spanish Nationality on the Orihuela council. In fact, I see often they describe themselves as the Opposition Party.

I and apparently a few others are very wary of the Green Party. You are out to score points just like any other political party. You commenced the rather Blairite/Mandelson sounding 'People's Litter Pick' ( a bit like New Labour machine placed the word 'people' in front of many things including the errant Dianna).

You hand out baseball caps to a very maleable and sometimes gullible ex-pat community and get them to pick up the prolific rubbish everywhere. Once done, you place a board in the ground. The caps, the boards all bear the emblem of your party.

Along with the coverage in the pretty poor quality ex-pat free press, clever political advertising if ever I saw it. Good for getting at your political opponents.

I see that another poster has noticed that someone calling themselves Ellsam, by your own admission, a name you use, has been posting on websites information highlighted by the other poster in red and running this area down. That particular website is aimed at potential buyers in this area.
      Within those postings, Ellsam also incorporated one of many You Tube videos, prepared by someone, also highly critical of this area. I see one of them is aimed at Stefan Pokroppa, a PP representative at the Town Hall who I have always found to be highly efficient.

You and your party have always been the first to point out that this area suffers badly with a rubbish/grafitti/sewerage problem. Mr Pokroppa knows this and does his best to resolve issues raised. I think the photographs CK1 has published pale into insignificance compared to the You Tube videos comparing Orihuela Costa to Beiruit and so on and I don't believe he had anything to do with those, did he ?

Answer these questions. A simple yes or no will do.

1. Are you or are you not responsible for the postings on other ex-pat sites, first revealed by the poster CK1 then others, which run down this area and which incorporate You Tube videos showing sewerage problems, gross overdevelopment problems, and rubbish problems?

2. Are the Green Party or a member of them responsible for the preparation of the many You Tube videos which show the many problems of this area ? (To see them, and there are a lot of them - go to You Tube and search 'Orihuela Costa' - up they appear comparing OC to Palestine, Beiruit, Guantanamo Bay etc etc)

You can trust me with your answers Elliot, I was a political agent for a while so I well see your game.
      Editado por última vez por John50; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2915-john50 en , 10:58:20.

Comentario

You're right Brit Build.

Come on Ellsam - Elliot Sampford - answers please. And are you communists as Duderoo says trying for a bit of political point scoring against your enemies the 'evil' PP and Stevan Pokroppa? (not that there's anything wrong with a bit of that from time to time)

PS. can I have one of your funny little hats please ? I need a new duster for my car.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por John50 Ver Mensaje

Answer these questions. A simple yes or no will do.

1. Are you or are you not responsible for the postings on other ex-pat sites, first revealed by the poster CK1 then others, which run down this area and which incorporate You Tube videos showing sewerage problems, gross overdevelopment problems, and rubbish problems?

2. Are the Green Party or a member of them responsible for the preparation of the many You Tube videos which show the many problems of this area ? (To see them, and there are a lot of them - go to You Tube and search 'Orihuela Costa' - up they appear comparing OC to Palestine, Beiruit, Guantanamo Bay etc etc)

You can trust me with your answers Elliot, I was a political agent for a while so I well see your game.
          Answers:

1. Read again my post at 11.07 pm yesterday (22nd October) that answers your question.

2. To my knowledge no member of Los Verdes are responsible for any of the YouTube vidoes that you mention, that I have seen, or that I am aware of.

Elliot Sampford

Comentario

Come on Elliot, you can give more straightforward answers than that, can't you ? You are playing at political games aren't you ?

The question you refuse to answer is here:

Yes or No.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por John50 Ver Mensaje
              Come on Elliot, you can give more straightforward answers than that, can't you ? You are playing at political games aren't you ?

The question you refuse to answer is here:

Yes or No.
              He just said that he is. But since he is a politician, the words yes or no are restricted for voting use only.

Now I stand as far away from his political views as many of you. But I will give him credit for the campaign though. Its a good initiative that hopefully will get the ruling party to react.

I dont really understand why he is against KC´s campaign though. They are basically protesting against the same thing.

Comentario

Second Grand Clean-up - Two Sites!

The date for the second Grand Clean-up to take place is to be Wednesday 12th November 2008 commencing at 10.00 am.

Following the fantastic result of the first Grand Clean-up, due to the tremendous response and work of the volunteers on the day, we are proposing to tackle two sites at the same time, one at each end of Orihuela Costa. We will need all the volunteers we can muster for this to be a success.

For the first location, we are looking to carry on the clean-up of Calle Niagara (site of the first clean-up) by tackling the eastern half of the road, from the dual carriage way of Calle Pintor Ribera towards the Playa Flamenca Commercial Centre. The meeting place is to be at the lower end of the road near the commercial centre.

The second location is to be in the Cabo Roig area. The aim is to remove the rubbish and litter from the barranca that runs from the roundabout on the N332 towards Playa Cala Capitan. The meeting place is to be near the ambulance station (formally the post office). If there are enough volunteers we would also like to clean-up some of the undeveloped waste ground sites between Calle Mar and the N332.

To save people travelling too far, we would suggest that those who live in the North of the area to meet in Calle Niagara, and those living in the South of the area to meet at Cabo Roig. The Ayuntamiento and the Saturday market at Playa Flamenca would seem to be a good dividing line.

Volunteers are reminded to bring gloves to protect their hands, refuse bags will be provided. If you have your campaign hats and badges don't forget to wear them so that other members of the public can see what's happening and hopefully will join in to help Clean up the Costa.

Volunteers can pledge their support or obtain more information by emailing cleanupthecosta@gmail.com or telephoning 965319660 (English) or 965328190 (Multilingual).

Maps of the areas chosen for the clean-ups are HEREon the campaign blog.

Comentario

Local television helps the campaign

This week has been a busy one for the promotion of the Clean up the Costa campaign, with two local television companies inviting appearances on their programmes to outline the aims, history, and the future progress of the campaign............ Read the full article HERE on the campaign Blog.

Elliot Sampford

Comentario

Second Grand Clean-up = 74 Bags of Litter

Today (12th November 200 the second Grand Clean-up took place at two sites, simultaneously, in Orihuela Costa.

Two groups of volunteers, approximately 50 in total, showed that they care about the environment we live in by collecting 74 (100 litre) bags of litter. The clean-ups started at 10.00 am and lasted for approximately 1 hour.

The first location was at the eastern end of Calle Niagara, to continue the work of the first grand clean-up which tackled the western part of the road.

The second site was the barranca that runs from the underpass at the Cabo Roig roundabout on the N332 towards the playa Cala Capitan.

All the volunteers felt it was a worthwhile effort and the Los Verdes coordinators were asked when and where the next Grand Clean-up will be. This will be announced at the earliest opportunity once the choice of location has been made. There is still time for sites to be suggested. This can be by email to cleanupthecosta@gmail.com or by telephone to 965319660.

Photographs can be seen HERE on the campaign Blog.

Elliot Sampford

Comentario

Viva TV show the Fly-tip

For those of you who missed the Revista programme transmitted by Viva TV on the 21st November 2008, I'm sure there are four or five of you, you can see a repeat of the item about the 'Clean up the Costa' campaign and the biggest Fly-tip in Orihuela Costa on YouTube.

The interview was filmed at the site and Viva TV have shown examples of the extent of the volume and type of rubbish dumped at the tip.

Elliot Sampford

Comentario

Trabajando...
                      X