X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Driving to torre

Hi
    Has anyone driven to Torre, using both the Calais and the Santander routes,just curios of the cost/time difference
    cheers

Hi,

Can't comment on the Calais route, but get the boat to Bilbao then it's just a 10 hour drive - I was in Bilbao 2 wks ago and did the drive, only hit one toll road - just take the motorway to madrid then from madrid it's the A30 I believe then the A7, just jump off the A/ before it becomes the AP7 or you hit more tolls. The only toll I paid was 16.80€ and 90€ in diesel (plus drinks n food)

Comentario

I drove down to Santa Pola three years ago using Portsmouth / Santander crossing
      The drive took me 10 hours with plenty of stops.
      Don't know the current shipping costs and it will depend what vehicle you are driving as to petrol costs.
      The drive was not to exhausting.

Comentario

We have done the Calais to Torrevieja trip many times. Either by Paris and Clement-Ferrand or Dijon and Lyon, if winter or to avoid Paris at busy times. After Perpignan we follow the coast road down through Spain

We stick to Motorway the whole way and the Tolls cost about 120 Euros. Driving time is about 18 - 20 hours. Sometimes stop over one night, sometimes two, as we have another 375 miles from Dover to Newcastle

Fuel costs have risen in the last year and petrol in France is dearer than the UK. We reckon that a return trip does not leave much change out of 800 - 1000 pounds

Pat

Comentario

Would agree with Pat and we keep to motorway all the way going the Rouen way - avoid Paris at all costs - we use Eurotunnel and would say a return trip including a couple of nights stay both ways would come to around £800 - we've always enjoyed the drive - the French motorways are a dream compared to ours with the lack of traffic.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por gail1 Ver Mensaje
            Would agree with Pat and we keep to motorway all the way going the Rouen way - avoid Paris at all costs - we use Eurotunnel and would say a return trip including a couple of nights stay both ways would come to around £800 - we've always enjoyed the drive - the French motorways are a dream compared to ours with the lack of traffic.
            We drove back at XMAS using tolls and ferry one with overnight stay. total cost €400 to north of England. Depends on ferry cost which vary a lot hour by hour. Use the net and book in advance, and F1 for stop over.

Comentario

Anyone Done Dunquerke With Norfolk Lines?

I am driving to the UK to take a car back at the end of the month and see that Dunquerke to Calais with Norfolk is pretty cheap. Anyone done this route?

Comentario

Dunquereke to Calais???

Do you really mean those two places?

Comentario

No - just left my brain in bed today!!

Of course I meant Dunquerke to DOVER...!!!

Comentario

ferry

Did Plymouth - Santander in April ferry cost us £230 we came via Burgos, Madrid, Albacete down to the AP7 it took 91/2 hours we stopped twice and 2 of us drove neither of us was too tired when we arrived in La Zenia

Comentario

Toilets

Another thing to remember is that when you travel the motorway/toll route you do get lots of toilets and rest areas whereas the other routes you get lots of bushes.
                      The petrol/Diesel is also more expensive on the motorway than on the other roads.

Comentario

Thanks for the replies so far ,I was talking to someone who drives to Benidorm on a regular basis ,he drives towards Paris ,takes the bypass?? and then down to Spain ,29 hours from the n/e of England , 24 going back ,not sure what pills he takes?

Comentario

Mid September I am driving from Manchester to Plymouth, ferry to Santander, then on to Alicante. I also have never done this trip before. The price on the ferry is £339 for an inside cabin for two people. I have searched the internet for cheaper deals but the same price comes up everytime no matter who you book with. I am leaving my car in Spain and hope to transfer it on to Spanish plates.

Comentario

Fuel in France

Petrol stations can be a bit hard to find open if you are on the wrong day (Sunday/Monday) the wrong time 12-3 although there are automatic pumps in many fuel stations - but....they won't accept UK credit cards - well they haven't each time we tried, and as Chrisdee says proper toilets on the motorways and plenty of "aire de's" to stop at.

Comentario

Should have said petrol stations on roads other than motorways.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X