Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Freesat dish size in Torrevieja

Hi all, has anyone installed a Freesat system yet ? (freesat - Home)

The receivers are really cheap from places like Argos and Comet, and of course, as it's free to air, there will be no one cutting you off !!!

I'm trying to find out what size dish is needed. I'm kinda hoping maybe a 1.3 would be big enough as a 1.8 dish is not only expensive, but massive !

Any experience would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.......

Rumors....

Originalmente publicado por englishbullterrier Ver Mensaje
    Hi all, has anyone installed a Freesat system yet ? (freesat - Home)

The receivers are really cheap from places like Argos and Comet, and of course, as it's free to air, there will be no one cutting you off !!!

I'm trying to find out what size dish is needed. I'm kinda hoping maybe a 1.3 would be big enough as a 1.8 dish is not only expensive, but massive !

Any experience would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.......
    I have heard about some who has put up a even smaller dish (90cm?) and who points it at the Solaris 20 using a BS-100 Premium Xpeed Class receiver. Should cost less than 80 euros if you do the work yourself, perhaps 200-300 if you get someone to do it for you.

I must however explain again that the procedure may be illegal, as I doubt that the channels (BBC, ITV, CH4, Sentana and even some who send content that SKY SPORT does in English) may not be legal to view in Spain.

Comentario

freesat

hi, we had a freesat system installed, which was a one off payment, we get 20 channals, theres no card or nothing, the bbc ect are bbc jersey, the dish is only 60 cm, we bought it from a small shop by the industrial site on avda de las cortes valencianas, nick

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por nicholasmay Ver Mensaje
        hi, we had a freesat system installed, which was a one off payment, we get 20 channals, theres no card or nothing, the bbc ect are bbc jersey, the dish is only 60 cm, we bought it from a small shop by the industrial site on avda de las cortes valencianas, nick
        What other channels do you get and how much was it?

Comentario

This sounds like a relayed signal and not actually the 'Freesat' system that was recently announced.

Comentario

BBC1
            ITV
            ITV2
            Ch4
            Ch5
            UKTV GOLD
            Hallmark
            FX
            Discovery
            TMC
            Commedy
            Life TV
            Cartoon Network
            Show Movies 1
            Show Movies 2
            Sentana 1
            Sentana 2
            Show Sport 1
            Show Sport 2
            And I forgot the last one.

Should cost less than 80 euro if you install it yourself.

It is still illegal.. And could be shut down at any time.

Comentario

while it lasts

Originalmente publicado por englishbullterrier Ver Mensaje
              This sounds like a relayed signal and not actually the 'Freesat' system that was recently announced.
              Sounds like unencrypted broadcast to a limited british community. My first toughu was Gibraltar, Cyprus or the forces.

Comentario

you need at least a 1.9mtr dish as all the bbc is on the nortern beam just to stop us geting it if you'd like to know what sort of gear you'll need just ask

Comentario

bbc is fine

bbc1 is fine, but I hear they are pointing in another direction...

Ch4 is sometimes bad, they tell me!

Comentario

Transponders

Originalmente publicado por pandashoe Ver Mensaje
                    you need at least a 1.9mtr dish as all the bbc is on the nortern beam just to stop us geting it if you'd like to know what sort of gear you'll need just ask
                    Hi Pandashoe, do you think they will be using the same transponders for this Freesat offering as Sky use. If so, then I agree with you about dish size...

Comentario

freesat!!!

i have spoken to about 5 at installers and have had differing opinions!!!!
                      1.3, 1.4, 1,8 and 2.4 mtr dishes.
                      back to uk in 3 weeks so am buying a new flat screen with freesat built in.
                      then will ask installer to set me up with the necessary equipment. need a new tv anyway. i know its not suitable for spanish tv.... but don't watch it anyway. i understand that with the smaller dishes and as the bbc / itv signal is weak in the evenings you tend to lose signal. i'm not a satellite man but i'm learning very very quick,like most brits. pity we don't learn the language as quick!!!!!

Comentario

Satillite Dish

I have been to several installers of satillite dishes and have been quoted that I would only need a 1.45m dish for the free channels and 1.8M dish for sky etc. Yes I do appreciate that having a sky card could cause me trouble if Sky discovered I was using the card outside the UK. I am not bothered about receiving Sky channels but I would like to know if anyone has had a 1.45m dish installed and if so what was the reception like and channels received

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por john H Ver Mensaje
                          I have been to several installers of satillite dishes and have been quoted that I would only need a 1.45m dish for the free channels and 1.8M dish for sky etc. Yes I do appreciate that having a sky card could cause me trouble if Sky discovered I was using the card outside the UK. I am not bothered about receiving Sky channels but I would like to know if anyone has had a 1.45m dish installed and if so what was the reception like and channels received
                          This reply was posted on page 1 of this thread and i have also done a search on google for Sat coverage in spain and sky and the bbc use Astra2 and Hotbird and as the signal for bbc is quite week in Spain you will need a 1.9m Dish to recieve it especialy in the evening.

Originalmente publicado por pandashoe Ver Mensaje
                          you need at least a 1.9mtr dish as all the bbc is on the northern beam just to stop us geting it if you'd like to know what sort of gear you'll need just ask

Comentario

tv

We are at Los Altos, about 4 miles south of Torrevieja. Two households within a 150 yards of me have proper freesat. One has a 1.8/9m dish and opposite him a chap with a 1.35/4m dish. I have spoken to them both and as far as I can see the bigger dish gets bb2 some of the time, the smaller dish doesn't get it at all but they both get BBC/ITV etc.
                            Dish sizes vary depending on who is telling you the size !!

Comentario

Sugar, thanks for the info. I'm seriously thinking about this as the TV company's here looked doomed. I'd really appreciate having a talk with these two installations and wonder if you coould assist me ? I'm in Mariblanca Fase IV, Los Altos. I can be reached directly in englishbullterrier@btinternet.com

Name is Steve and my number is 625 925 805.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X