Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Now ITV reception declared unlawful

For anyone considering being 'taken in' by false and deceptive offers, some indeed on this forum, this article which appeared in the Costa Blanca News 5-11 Spetember, 2008 and of which copyright is assumed by them makes informative reading:

Rebroadcasting continues for some Costa residents

By James Parkes and Dave Jones

DESPITE explicit statements from BBC, Sky and ITV, rebroadcasting of some of their channels continues in the northern Costa Blanca.

Following Guardia Civil action taken against Torrevieja-based Telmicro several weeks ago, nearly all rebroadcasting companies switched to free-to-air channels.

Costa Blanca News last week received public statements from BBC and Sky explaining that currently no company in Spain has been authorised to rebroadcast their channels, and that doing so without permission could lead to legal action.

This week, CBNews received a similar statement from a spokesman for ITV plc who said: “We do not have any sort of agreement in place.
    “If an operator in Spain wanted to broadcast our channels there they would have to enter into a contractual agreement with us.”

But despite these clear statements, some rebroadcasting companies have waited for the dust to settle and are rebroadcasting BBC, Sky and ITV stations once again.

CBNews contacted several of the rebroadcasting companies to clarify the situation, but nobody was available to comment and despite leaving several messages, no one has returned the calls.

Customers approached by CBN say they had received the same response.

LEGAL REBROADCASTING

The majority of companies currently rebroadcasting channels are licensed to do so, however, each provider must authorise the company to rebroadcast its channels – something, as stated earlier, that BBC, Sky and ITV have not done.

An expert in the field told CBNe ws: “Some rebroadcasting companies on the Costa Blanca do have broadcast rights for some channels, but the problem is, they have also added certain extra channels demanded by customers for which they do not have rebroadcasting rights.”

Sources consulted by CBNews strongly recommend that, when subscribing to one of these services, customers demand to know exactly which channels the company has the right to rebroadcast and be aware of those that could be switched off without warning.

TELMICRO

In the southern Costa Blanca, Telmicro Levante SL have started to broadcast a limited service.

In a press release sent out this week the company blamed their troubles on the ‘range’ of channels they had been showing.
    “The reason for this situation was due to the company transmitting certain channels for the benefit of its clients,” the press release states.
    The statement continues: “To begin with, it will be a restricted service comprising of channels that the company has been contracted to re-transmit.”

These include MGM, Cinestar and Xtrm film channels, the Sci-fi channel, Calle 13, Fox and National Geographic.

“Telmicro will not make any charges to their customers for one full month after the service has been resumed in their area, the second month will be half price and thereafter the monthly charges will be at a reduced rate,” the statement continues.

A spokesman for the Guardia Civil told CBNews yesterday (Thursday) that the investigation into rebroadcasting company Telmicro Levante SL, which was launched more than three weeks ago, is still ongoing.

The Guardia Civil spokesman said: “If they are broadcasting any channels, then it will be because the judge in Torrevieja has authorised it.”

jparkes@cbnews.es
    djones@cbnews.es
    Editado por última vez por Mick94; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2707-mick94 en , 18:06:25.

Could you please tell us something that we don't know already, so what if the channels get pulled in the next second, at least we have been watching them up until now whilst you LOYAL Telmicro customers have been treated like shit, by the way you don't mention that Telmicro has pulled the plug again until next Monday, with no explanation I might add. At first when this all started I like others was adamant I would wait until Telmicro came back but as the time went on I realised that they have always been rubbish, I remembered all the times that the tv just went blank usually right in the middle of something I had specifically wanted to watch when my neighbour who has been with torresat for about 6 years was over the road with no problems at all, and that happened many many times during the day and evenings. Fortunately for me Telmicro went off air the day after we had got our message that our payment was due so in that respect I did not lose any money. And luckily I had the 190 euros to spare in order to go to Torresat. And as I said before if they should happen to suffer the same fate as Telmicro then so what, I will just look to the big dish option instead, at least I and many others are watching UK TV right now.

Comentario

The title is misleading.
      Reception is not ilegal, rebroadcasting is.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Nalle Ver Mensaje
        The title is misleading.
        Reception is not ilegal, rebroadcasting is.
        I think the article here is very clear - rebroadcasting is completely legal - IF YOU HAVE CONTRACTED THE CHANNELS. I know Telmicro have contracted channels, not all but at least some - how many other companies have contracted channels I wonder?

Maybe that's why there was - not surprisingly - nobody available to comment...?

Comentario

What is wrong with you poeple, are you that sad you will commit suicide if you dont get some sort of english tv???, get a life and live in this wonderfull country that you chose to live. you live in europe go and see it all, watch the spanish tv, learn spanish, you are not in england any more!!!, you left it for a better life.
          Editado por última vez por Brindleboy123; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2641-brindleboy123 en , 19:32:25.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Brindleboy123 Ver Mensaje
            What is wrong with you poeple, are you that sad you will commit suicide if you dont get some sort of english tv???, get a life and live in this wonderfull country that you chose to live. you live in europe go and see it all, watch the spanish tv, learn spanish, you are not in england any more!!!, you left it for a better life.
            Yeah but if everyone was really honest with themselves it isnt that better really is it ?........................... its just the same old crap in a different language. And the fact that most of us struggle to speak the different language makes it even harder.

OK it might be a lot sunnier most days, but what really is that different? There are problems wherever you live in the world, the only difference is whether you choose to take off the rose coloured specs or keep wearing them.

Comentario

Who mentioned committing suicide? As I've said before, I enjoy the British comedy and a lot of other British TV, I've even been known to have a look at Eastenders, since when has that been a sin? Just because you maybe don't like TV doesnt mean to say other people can't watch it. The Spanish comedy is a load of poo, been there, tried that, didn't like it. What is so wrong with wanting to watch British TV?
              Why do you bother reading the postings for Telmicro etc, if you're not interested, dont read them, it's pretty easy really.

Comentario

Then why move over here??? you knew what it would be like before you came!! if you did not then you did not do your home work, this is not the land of plenty and never will be, it is a place to relax and live a long life in a country that has its own ways ( which does not inc english tv ) so like i said get a life or live it in rain soaked england, with high taxes and 2 weekly bin collections and a lot of misrable people and poll tax and and soon to be bin tax and high car tax and high electric and petrol etc etc ( the real reson most people come over here is to escape all these things!!, so enjoy your cheap life over here. and stop MOANING.

Comentario

Then why move over here??? you knew what it would be like before you came!! if you did not then you did not do your home work, this is not the land of plenty and never will be, it is a place to relax and live a long life in a country that has its own ways ( which does not inc english tv ) so like i said get a life or live it in rain soaked england, with high taxes and 2 weekly bin collections and a lot of misrable people and poll tax and and soon to be bin tax and high car tax and high electric and petrol etc etc ( the real reson most people come over here is to escape all these things!!, so enjoy your cheap life over here. and stop MOANING.

Well that post sounds more like someone trying to justify to himself why he came here than anything else.

I realise now why I cant find any rose tinted specs anywhere.................. you must have bought them all.

And in case you hadn't noticed, it isn't cheap to live here any more. In fact its bloody expensive.

Oh, and just in case you have trouble getting off your high horse, I have some ladders in the van if you want to borrow them...........

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Britbuild Ver Mensaje

And in case you hadn't noticed, it isn't cheap to live here any more. In fact its bloody expensive.
                    I agree with you Spain has got expensive in the last year or so, But you want to try living in the UK. my gas has gone up 35%, my electric has gone up 18%, food has gone up 40%, petrol is now £9 per gallon and my house is falling in value by 2.5% per month (and as i am trying to sell at the moment) its a bit disconcerting. I wish i had sold up and moved over there a year ago, instead of waiting till now.
                    Still on the up side the weather is better over there so at least i have something to look forward to.

Comentario

sorry left my glass,s in the uk , after i done my home work before i came over here!!, and came with my eyes wide open, thanks for the offer of the ladders but got my own and they are rather small thank you. do you no what the spanish say about the brits?, ( people who leave there brains on the tarmac ) because they dont come here with there eyse wide open they have tunneled vison.

yes its is getting exspensive, but still cheaper then the uk!!, but if you can not aford to live here, go back were it is exspensive and very very wet.

i am not rich i live on a very small pension but i live and eat well,the only moan i have are the people that come over here and do nothing but complain about what they are missing or have not got, like i said get a life and live it to the full and be gratfull you dont live in some poor african state were they have no food let alone a tv.

Comentario

sorry left my glass,s in the uk , after i done my home work before i came over here!!, and came with my eyes wide open, thanks for the offer of the ladders but got my own and they are rather small thank you. do you no what the spanish say about the brits?, ( people who leave there brains on the tarmac ) because they dont come here with there eyse wide open they have tunneled vison.

yes its is getting exspensive, but still cheaper then the uk!!, but if you can not aford to live here, go back were it is exspensive and very very wet.

i am not rich i live on a very small pension but i live and eat well,the only moan i have are the people that come over here and do nothing but complain about what they are missing or have not got, like i said get a life and live it to the full and be gratfull you dont live in some poor african state were they have no food let alone a tv.
                        Sign up for the peace corp and stop preaching, if people want British TV so what, why should it bother you. If you don't watch British TV or don't like it then don't keep reading the posts that refer to British TV. Is that too simple.
                        People are just upset that they have paid out for something and it's been taken away. I don't blame them for moaning.

Comentario

Dyw genes PG Sawsnek. Hasta luego TV Ingles. Ass yw brav yn gewer !

Dynargh tha Spania !!!!! Dyw genes Pow Saws !!!!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Britbuild Ver Mensaje

that would depend what you compare with.

If you earn a british/scandinavian/german salary.
                            Living in Spain is still fairly cheap, yes it has gotten A LOT MORE expensive compared to 10 years ago, but still farly cheap.

If you earn a Spanish average income. Yes Spain IS VERY expensive.

I agree with brindleboy to a certain extent though. I dont like it when foreigners come to spain and all they do is complain and moan. If they dont like it here, the airport is just down the road.

I don’t believe that no-one should be watching tele from there home country. I cant be bothered, but I do read online newspapers, may the be British, Swedish or Spanish. That’s not the point.

What we are talking about is integration and respect. I.E learn the language. Local townhalls have Spanish lessons for foreigners for free (Rojales and Santa Pola) it isn’t that difficult.
                            I know ppl who lived here for 20 years and they still only know how to order a beer. C’mon... You are more intelligent than that.

Tangobrian said (wisely) that of course you can watch British TV and eat British food and speak English. But you can not be expecting all that. If you can get it, big bonus. If you don’t. Cest la vie.

And of course there are things thats better in other countries than in Spain. But obviously we all think its better here in Spain overall than in our home countries, otherwise we wouldn’t be here. Someone would be rather stupid to live in Spain if he thinks that his home country is so much better in everything. Right?

Brits in UK doesn’t like foreigners in the UK that doesn’t integrate and learn English, Same thing happens all over Europe. Why should we treat foreigners in Spain any different?

Anyways. I was told this morning that Telmicro is still down btw.
                            So now lets all be friend and give us all a big hug
                            Editado por última vez por Nalle; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2171-nalle en , 13:17:50.

Comentario

Yes Nalle. That's why the criticism of Celtic 'P' SWF languages on a forum which does not specify that English should be the main language hosted in a Country where many languages are spoken is a classic case of the English kettle calling the foreign pot black. Diversity is to be celebrated, not condemned a peculiarly English trait as they shout their orders in English at the Spanish restaurant. I expect the moderator on this forum will ignorantly remove the posts thus adding only further to what I have said.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X