Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Child Benefit

Default Child Benefit

Hello All.
    We are moving to Spain (Torrevieja) in the new year, can some one help me . Can we still get child benefit even though we will be living in Spain.
    Thanks in advance.

Golfer25

Cool

If you intend to live in Spain you must be aware you will be a benefit cheat if you claim and the government are clamping down.
    Sorry no benefits if you are resident in another country only folk entitled to government money are retirement pensioners

Quote Originally Posted by golfer2536 View Post
    Hello All.
    We are moving to Spain (Torrevieja) in the new year, can some one help me . Can we still get child benefit even though we will be living in Spain.
    Thanks in advance.

Golfer25
    This may HELP you.

Elliot

Default child benifit

As far as I understand it (correction please if I am wrong) you can claim child benefit if you move to Spain as it is a qualifiying Country. I think that you would have to be claiming this before you move from the U.K. though

My children are way past the child benefit stage (other than they see me as their beneactor)
    However there was a lot of newspaper talk recently about Poles claiming in UK for their children back in Poland. What became clear is that you can claim - but for the country rate. you are living in.

Dont know how much in Spain but would bet it aint as much as 'Treasure Island'

thank you for all your assistance. I would not CHEAT the system, that why I asked!. I am retiring, but my daughter and grandson will be coming to live and hopefully work full time in Spain. thanks again
    golfer25

moved to spain over 3years ago and when i asked in uk about child benefit and claim,ing for it in spain iwas told that i could not claim .once living in spain i received a letter from them stating the same

Quote Originally Posted by deniseatnycs View Post
    As far as I understand it (correction please if I am wrong) you can claim child benefit if you move to Spain as it is a qualifiying Country. I think that you would have to be claiming this before you move from the U.K. though
    I think you will find you are wrong. I came out 7 years ago and informed Child Benefit and it was stopped, so unless it has changed, I would say you are not entitled to it.

Default child benifit

Would seem that we are all right as you can claim if the following applies but in many cases of course it will not.

Taken from the Government website.

Child Benefit if you're living or working abroad
    If you go abroad to live or work you may still be able to get Child Benefit. If you're only going abroad for less than eight weeks, you can carry on getting Child Benefit without doing anything further.....
    If you move abroad permanently
    If you're going abroad permanently, or expect to be away for more than 52 weeks, you won't qualify for Child Benefit unless both of the following apply:
    you are moving to an EEA country or Switzerland
    you are paying UK NICs or receiving a UK National Insurance-related benefit
    EEA countries are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.

Lived over in Spain for 5 years, we gave up the right to expect anything from UK government.

Marcadores