Children in front seat of cars

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

I have just been in touch with the DVLA and explained the situation that I split my time between Spain and the UK and that Spanish law requires that as a Residencia holder I require to take out a Spanish licence. The DVLA were quite relaxed about it saying that I could drive in the UK with the Spanish licence without a problem but my UK licence would be withdrawn until I moved back full time. It is a pity the Spanish police do not have the same attitude for the many people who spend time in both countries but have their main residence in the UK.

Comentario

I believe if you spend more than 183 days here a year you are obliged to register as a resident and that means everthing which goes with it so in answer to your question if you want your loyalty in the UK make sure you are here less than the 183 days. Then you can stay British if you so desire
      Unfortunatley we cant have 2 of everything
      Editado por última vez por GAL; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2530-gal en , 08:04:17. Razón: add

Comentario

Hi,
        Further to my last message I have been making further enquiries and it would appear that following a European Court case that challenged Spain's demand that EU style licences had to be changed to a Spanish licence on taking out a Residencia there is no longer a need to convert. Spain lost the case and any legal right to make this demand. All that is required of people such as myself who spend time in more than one EU country is that they register their licence with the Spanish police. This I will do in a couple of weeks time.

Comentario

Trabajando...
        X