Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Young Dog Desperate For Help

A stray and young alsation/husky is roaming our village and lives a nearby field. has no shelter and gets soaking everytime it rains and freezes at night i this cold weather.
    poor thing gets fed when ever i feed her whch is most days i see her.
    and now due to sleeping rough she is lame, her right hind leg is very stiff and looks uncomfortable.

the poor thing is sweet natured and needs a temp home until i can find her a permanent home. she is a bit timid but getting more trusting by the day. a lovely young dog.

im worried she will come into season and with all the loose male dogs around before long a litter of pups will be born and then the cycle starts again with more homeless dogs.

no charity will help her. they are all too busy.

can anyone offer some help?

E-mail me on Pancho8105@hotmail.com

I'd be tempted to tie the dog to the gates of the charity kennels, they can't really refuse to help then.
    Good luck.
    Editado por última vez por Julskin; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2031-julskin en , 10:53:36.

Comentario

trouble is they know me and I have approached them about the poor little thing. thats 3 highly known charity,s in the area , they just say cant help.

Comentario

I would imagine things are going to get a lot worse, animals are normally abandoned when times get hard. You can't really expect the charities to take every animal in, they only have limited resources. As hard as it may sound and I will probably get slated for this, but if it was me and I couldn't find a home for my animal I would have it put to sleep. It just isn't fair that they are just slung out onto the streets or put into pens for months on end until they have been rehomed/or not.

Comentario

Chrisdee, I understand what you're saying. It the 'Cruel to be kind' attitude, not sure I could do that though, but then I've never been in that position. I know I could never just abandon my pet dog though.

When me and my husband moved here in May, we found a dog wandering the streets of Villa Martin. He was a handsome German shepherd cross, who had been obviously well looked after. He was wearing a collar and lead, so we assumed he'd gotten away from his owner while out walking. We picked him up and walked around for a while, sure someone was about to come and claim him. However no one was out looking for him. We took him home and took him out again later, still no luck. We kept him for a few days, contacting all the charities in case someone called them looking for him. We took him to a vet in case he was chipped (he wasn't) and we posted pictures with our contact details.
          After a few days it was apparent no one was going to claim him. We couldn't believe he'd been abandoned he was a lovely dog, with a perfect temperament. We considered keeping him, but we weren't in a position to have a dog.

I contacted the charities again and none would take him. The vet gave us the details of a shelter near Alicante airport that take dogs and other animals, so we took him there. We were warned the shelter only took animals found within the Elche area, so we lied about where we found him, which I didn't like to do. We gave them a donation and they took him.
          Jacksan, I could send you the details of the shelter if it would help, but you’d have to get the dog there yourself.

Me and my husband were very upset, but we did what we thought was best for him. We have often thought about going back to collect him, but it would be out of guilt rather than the desire to have a dog.

I might get slated for this, but some Charities don't seem to help themselves very much. After this experience and realising the plight of abandoned dogs in this area, we decided we’d like to help out. A couple of months ago we approached one of the charities offering to help walk their kennelled dogs with a view to start fostering. We spoke to the kennel lady and gave her our telephone number and have heard nothing from them. At the beginning of this week I e-mailed them my contact details again and still we’ve heard nothing. It does make me wonder, just how committed these people really are.

Comentario

young dog desperate for help

Perhaps there has been some confusion with your details, my daughter has just started dog walking at sats in dolores, she just turned up on the mon at 9am and helped walk a few dogs, she said everyone was very friendly and extremely grateful for her help, I am out for a week soon and am going to join her, I cannot help any of these animals in any other way so have decided that I can spare a few hours whilst in Spain.She phoned the kennels in the first instance but I am sure they would be grateful if you just turned up to help.

Comentario

Trabajando...
            X