Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• What happens to....?

Does anyone know what happens to all the food that is not sold in the supermarkets here?

(Apart from Intermarche who still have it on sale and when I give it them to take off the shelves they say oh and then promptly put it back again!!!)

I have never seen a reduced section here with things coming up to the use by date like in the UK.

Maybe the staff have it ??

Yllig, a very valid question as we are now helping to support neighbours, have wondered the very same thing. You know, I honestly believe they skip it as I have seen Morrocans at the rear of some supermarkets in the skips pulling out food.

I jest not when I tell you that in France, it goes to special outlets for the needy and would you believe it I read that expats there are availing themselves of the service. I emailed an old work colleague of mine in Brittany, and he confirmed that many retired Brit expats there are seeking food handouts. I am not joking.

How the mighty have fallen. I never thought I would hear of such a thing. We have become the new poor man of Europe.

Comentario

I have seen people waiting at the bins when I've driven past at 9'ish in the evening outside Lidl and another cash n carry place in Torre. I've seen them tip the bins over and take it all out, it's a horrible sight to see to know that people have to do that type of thing. I dare say we will see more of it too as more and more workers get laid off.
      Editado por última vez por Chrisdee; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2302-chrisdee en , 21:53:23.

Comentario

I'm not going to say too much here, but not so far from me lives a Brit family who live in this way. It is a tragedy and I find it hard to believe.

Comentario

Actually now you come to mention it, there was a programme on tele a while back about some people in the UK who live almost entirely on stuff from bins at supermarkets. I couldnt believe it.

Sounds like a foraging trip might be worthwhile!!!

Dont let on though or everyone will be doing it!!

Comentario

on boxing day in eroksi they had 30% discount on some packed meat with a 27th date on

Comentario

Yes but unfortunately Eroski like Consum are probably 20% more than Intermarche or Mercadona to start with. They are both quite expensive supermarkets although I do use Eroski for their fuel which is good deal.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por yllig Ver Mensaje
                Yes but unfortunately Eroski like Consum are probably 20% more than Intermarche or Mercadona to start with. They are both quite expensive supermarkets although I do use Eroski for their fuel which is good deal.
                Hi Yllig. Hope you're doing well. I don't post on the other forum but I do read it occasionally and I see they are all still being nasty over there. Best kept clear I believe. Let us all hope for a better 2009 and I hope that for you and yours as well. John.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por John50 Ver Mensaje
                  Hi Yllig. Hope you're doing well. I don't post on the other forum but I do read it occasionally and I see they are all still being nasty over there. Best kept clear I believe. Let us all hope for a better 2009 and I hope that for you and yours as well. John.

What's that got to do with this thread?

Comentario

Hi John

Thks for your good wishes. The same to you.

I see we are now down at 1.0235 today after a short-lived increase yesterday.

I just wish the newspapers would give up on the same doom and gloom headlines which are undoubtedly doing quite a bit towards the problems the UK and the £ are having. The things is they are the same things over and over again every day. I think the people in the UK have got the message by now.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por WendyH Ver Mensaje
                      What's that got to do with this thread?
                      Nothing Wendy but I was merely being friendly towards someone who, like myself and many others, is very worried and stressed over the economic crisis and its implications. We are all human beings after all.

Good to hear back from you Yllig. I have started to turn the news off for the first time in my life. It will happen whether we know about it or not. John.

Comentario

Yes John that's not a bad idea. I think I will just check the rate once a day and not put BBC24 on. They have nothing positive to say.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por yllig Ver Mensaje
                          Yes John that's not a bad idea. I think I will just check the rate once a day and not put BBC24 on. They have nothing positive to say.
                          How true !

Comentario

Thats rich. A poster from the 'other side' complaining about thread drift.

Comentario

Skills Swap

Hi,

I'm just about to make this a new post but reading here I thought it to be fitting.

I'm trying to start up a NO MONEY skills swap, where if you need a job done, you first earn the points by doing odd jobs that you're able to do. That way that old chair gets revamped while you give computer lessons to Mrs Bloggs etc, we all get what we need and none of us pay out a penny.

Look up the thread and put your name down if you'd be interested, I already have almost 20 people, but ofcourse the more the merrier!

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X