Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncio todavía.

Trevor Macdonald ITV researchers in area ?

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Trevor Macdonald ITV researchers in area ?

I have been informed today that researchers from the Trevor Macdonald programme are in the area researching the plight of expatriates with the fall of the pound and loss of pensions and the dire state of local businesses dependent on the ex pat disposable income. It is an unconfirmed rumour but doubtless a TV programme sooner or later will confirm it or otherwise.

About 10-15 years ago I watched one on the German pensioners left with nothing aboard by their government, was sad to see.

Least you have a summer to look forward too, the best we get is rain for 9 months after 3 months of frost.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Duderoo Ver Mensaje
      About 10-15 years ago I watched one on the German pensioners left with nothing aboard by their government, was sad to see.

Least you have a summer to look forward too, the best we get is rain for 9 months after 3 months of frost.
      That is very interesting. German pensioners have not had exchange rate worries as with those receiving UK based pensions so what caused the problems for them ? Was it a bank or investment plan collapse maybe ? I know there have been several in Germany from talking with German people I know.

It has stopped raining here today at least but it is very cold indeed, I find. My next worry is the electric bill !

Comentario

I think it may be something to do with the German government deciding to tax them on second homes and a lot had to sell up.

I may be wrong.

We have already had our electric bill - 276 euros and that was with hardly any heating on.

We have just had our private medical renewals (we are not retirement age yet) and they are an extra 330 euros for the year between us!!!

I give up!!!

Comentario

You mean 'Sir' Trevor McDonald...a knighthood for reading off an auto cue, ye gods.

He is with a family who own a bar in La Siesta I think it is who are struggling to make ends meet.

No doubt in true McDonald form, it will show Spain in a poor light.

Comentario

I think the government really love these programmes as it puts people off leaving the UK which they do not want as the people who are going are the ones who have the money and they would rather keep them. There have been so many of these programmes - land grab, medical care etc etc

The people replacing them coming into the country are mostly wanting things from the UK.

Comentario

It seems like every few months McDonald does a hatchet job on the Brits in Spain theme, yes there are many people struggling at the moment in Spain but they are in the UK too.

There are also many Brits who moved to Spain that are very happy generally, when will he do that programme ??

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por kenbowns Ver Mensaje

There are also many Brits who moved to Spain that are very happy generally, when will he do that programme ??

Never - there's nothing shocking about that and that's what the programme makers want!!

Comentario

Yllig

You are quite correct of course but it will never portray a fair picture will it ?? but thats not in their remit is it ?

Comentario

Trabajando...
                  X