Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Health registration!!

Is there anyone out there who is early retired and has managed to register for medical facilities in the orihuela costa area? I would be grateful for any help, thanks.

Yes. we have. You can find all the info on my site here: http://lamarinaforum.com/index.php?s...ic=174&hl=saga

I don't visit this forum frequently, so if you wish to know more you should ask there, although I don't know any more than I have already posted

Hope it helps you

Jan

Comentario

Hello Gardner8
      Yep getting an SIP card is a nightmare!! - see my reply to Beastess under Health Card. This info is correct but how far you will get with it is anyones guess!!
      If you have taken early retirement and do not work in Spain you may/should? be entitled to an E106 this covers named person and Spouse and dependant children. To get an E106 you need to have made NHS Contributions for the 2 years prior to coming to Spain and you must have made a permanent move. The DWP in Newcastle will take great pleasure in telling to that any further treatment in the UK will be as a 'health tourist'!!
      I'm not sure of the website address but searching under Department of Works & Pensions will find it.
      Once the form is completed it will be sent to your address. Then the fun begins - you get 2 copies, they need to be taken to Orihuela to be registered on the system (one gets returned to the UK) your copy is usable to make appointments and for treatment at O/Costa Health Centre then you need to make an appointment to go to Orihuela (again) to get your SIP card.
      This is the point we are at after 8 months!!
      The only thing I can say is be persistant and if possible get a solicitor to go with you to get your paperwork done unless you have good Spanish.
      If you get hassle with your E106 (as we did) contact the British Consulate in Alicante. I did by email and they were brilliant!!
      Hope this helps.

Comentario

Thanks fenclare, did you go to the centre at cabo roig? my email address is terry.gardner@tiscali.es if you wouldn't mind?

Comentario

Health Cover

There is a new fact sheet available from the Help office in Torrevieja. If you are a pesioner then you still have to go to Orihuela with the 106. If you are not a pensioner and do not qualify for "E" form in the UK then you need letter from Pensions Office and take this to British Consulate to confirm authenticity. After this take to Health Centre at Dehasa de Campoamor with passport or residence card, padron and hopefully you can complete forms. All explained in fact sheet.

Comentario

Trabajando...
          X