Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• wifi help

I have a new windows vista lap top, english and I can not connect to my telefonica router, I just get a message saying security enabled, I have excellent strenghth from the wifi but cant get onto the web, I also have a telefonica Xp laptop and while trying to connect them I ve lost access to the net on that one too!!!Ive checked the router info, reset it and turned it off but still no access to the net on the laptops...can anyone give me any clues please?

Hi, if you have set up the laptop correctly try switching both the router and the modem off for 10 minutes. Then power up the router first and when fully powered up switch on the modem and let the router find it. Good luck.

Comentario

It sounds like your router has been set up with secure access ie. your old PC's network adapter's address only. You will need to access the router (see manual as they differ) and set your new laptop's adaptor address for access.

To find this address go to a DOS prompt and type "ipconfig/all" (without the quotes) hit enter and write down your new laptop adaptors physical address. it will be a series of letters and numbers. Add this info to your router. Good luck!

Comentario

Trabajando...
      X