Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a Car in Spain

Default Buying a Car in Spain

Hi There - We are planning to move to Cabo Roig in the near future and will want to get a car (New or Second Hand).

Can anyone advise what we need to do with regards to :

a) Purchasing - Do we need anything more than NIE
    b) Registering the vehicle
    c) Road Tax
    d) Anything Else

Quote Originally Posted by Diegohind View Post
    Hi There - We are planning to move to Cabo Roig in the near future and will want to get a car (New or Second Hand).

Can anyone advise what we need to do with regards to :

a) Purchasing - Do we need anything more than NIE
    b) Registering the vehicle
    c) Road Tax
    d) Anything Else
    As you will no doubt know rules here in Spain can change daily and be different in Torrevieja as to Orihuela Costa. So the simple answer is ask the dealer what he wants. If he thinks he will lose a sale you will be surprised how many rules can disappear. We bought a secondhand car from Gold Car rental in Torrevieja last year. Very simple NIE, copy of Padron and Insurance Certificate ( obtained after we decided to buy it ) but he said he needed to see before we were allowed to drive it away. Oh and money! They did all the paper work

If you are coming to Cabo Roig try Auto Roig it is a Spanish owned company run by 2 english men James & Darren, they did us a good deal all the paperwork and I am sure all we needed was NIE , Passport and driving licence.

Default car

Feel free to call me on 659398278 names David i can help you with anything car related.

[For a second hand car I can recommend Kevin at Autos Direct in San Miguel
    Tel 966 723 892 or Mobile 660 508 257 or for a new vehicle I bought a Freelander from
    Llicar 4X4 based in Elche Tel 966 655 045all I needed was my NIE and insurance details they did the rest
    Last edited by gallows; 02-22-2009 at 01:26 PM.

i would try bsmart autos in punta prima near Torrevieja most of their cars are genuine 1 owner with full service history whilst i notice most of the other dealers cars seem to have no service history etc etc if you google their name they have a website

best of luck

Default Thank You

To all of you that replied - Many Thanks

Default welcome

Very Welcome Diego

If you want a nice choice of cars with Full service history 1 owner from new go to bsmart autos next to the go cart track in punta prima they will sort all your paperwork for you are very easy to deal with and offer good value

like i said if you need anything 659398278 is my number

Smile buying A car in spain

My advice would be to buy brand new second hand car are always over priced. All the car dealers are in torre and most will give you a good deal. Good luck with your with your move out here.
    Brian

Default Cabo Roig

My last car was bought from Costa Cars near La Zenia on the N332and what a pleasant experience it was too.

I had one to part exchange so did all the usual car companies and settled where I found I was getting the best deal... The car was picked up and in every respect looked new. One of the things I was also was looking for, was a good after sales service...and my experiences up to date is that I made a very wise choice.. And they will attend to servicing / repairs etc., and supply a loan car if required.

Marcadores