Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• social security office?

Can anyone tell me where the torrevieja office is please. Been told the nearest is in Orihela but I remember going to an office in town somewhere 5 years ago for my social number. thanks

I think they are still building it! (up by the Guardia over Naufragos side) ask in the AMICS office by the town hall....

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por torremed75 Ver Mensaje
      Can anyone tell me where the torrevieja office is please. Been told the nearest is in Orihela but I remember going to an office in town somewhere 5 years ago for my social number. thanks
      To get to the INSS in Orihuela - or more accurate and fully the CAISS (Centro de Atención e Información de la Seguridad Social) - it is quite straight forward to find on - Calle de San Agustin - but easy to get lost!

Head for Orihuela on the CV95 (Torrevieja to Orihuela road). As you reach the city outskirts - after you pass under the Alicante - Murcia railway bridge you will come to roundabout. You need the 3rd exit off it - it is one way and initially it looks like you are going down a backstreet - the old concrete Bull Ring structure is on your right.

Initially keep in the right hand lane - and as you head towards the traffic lights come to the Left/Centre lane. Go across the lights passing all the shops on left and right.

As you pass a small park on your left look to your right for the signs for the underground car park park (on your right). Get a ticket on entry and park up

When you re-immerge from the car-park - from the same entrance - look across to your left for the shop VIAJES El Corte Inglés and a Farmacia both have dark green frontages. They are on the junction of the Calle de San Agustin - the Calle crosses the River to your right - but you need to be south of the river as stated above.

The Calle is narrow, one-way (N to S) and busy! CAISS is down this Calle about 150 mtrs. You will pass the Correos deliveries on your left and the Red Cross (Cruz Rojo) up to your right.

The CAISS office is now on your right - you will pass the office windows but the office entrance is down a small side street (unnamed - grinnel?) again on your right - next to an old (and large) Church

They are open 0830 to 1330 - Mon to Fri - BUT check for the Orihuela fiesta days! Go early if you can!

Enter the building and get a numbered 'ticket' from the desk on your left. Take a seat and wait for your number to appear and the advisors desk number to go to - easy!

Most of the advisors - so I understand - do speak some English - but if you are unsure take a translator. On the occasions I have been for myself and with others we have had no problems making ourselves understood - similarly for the advisor

Call up Google maps (or any other map web site) - enter Orihuela - search look for the Calle - and go from there for street maps and satellite images if you need more information

If this all looks too difficult your interpreter/translator will do it all for you - for a price! Not sure these days how much it costs - but not much change from 100€ I would suspect!

May help - if not too late!

Mike E
      Editado por última vez por Mike E; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/3463-mike-e en , 14:35:30.

Comentario

socal!! what a joke!

just to say thanks mike and to give a little info on my saga so far!!

After going to the Torrevieja office on Monday, I was told I needed to go to Orihella as previously told.
        After finding the correct IMEN office and getting a ticket I was seen within an hour of arriving which was late morning. Thinking I would get everything sorted, I handed over my documents and a form stateing my contract had been terminated due to lack of work.
        The lady was fantastic until she asked where I lived. Torrevieja!!!

I was in the wrong town!!!

Yesterday, back I go to Torrevieja.....never have I come across such disorganised caos!!!
        Computers went down, lack of staff...anyway I was seen and this time got one step further....I got a form to fill in!!!
        Again all documents seemed to be order apart from one!! On the computer it was showning I had a contract renewal last year...and so you ask...why is that a problem if everything is in order on the computer???
        They want a flaming paper copy of it!!

Anyway of I go now to get the relevant paper...tommorow is another day and I will keep you all posted as I hope this information will help others who have paid into the system and are now struggling to get anything back

Comentario

It is what these forums are about sharing information and thanks and keep us posted
          I am glad I come under San Miguel I will be making a trip later this month to INSS in Orihuela with my E121

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por GAL Ver Mensaje
            It is what these forums are about sharing information and thanks and keep us posted
            I am glad I come under San Miguel I will be making a trip later this month to INSS in Orihuela with my E121
            Hi GAL - this may help too

We are early retirees to Spain (Mar 06) (3 years to the very day!) and because of our contributions in UK we were eligible for E106 cover until Jan 08. A planned transition to the DWP/Valencian (Newcastle) Legislative letter healthcare scheme expired in Jan 09

My OH was 60 in Feb (I will be 65 in Aug 11) and we received her State Pension entitlement together with E121 forms early in Feb 09

We received two E121 forms (2 copies of each). The first was for her and the second was for me as a family member/beneficiary/dependent. Both forms came into effect on 1 Feb 09

Well we left Los M on at 0830 on Mon 2 Feb - parked up and walked the short distance - and we entered the CAISS office in Orihuela at 0912. To our surprise and delight all the advisors were in place - with few customers in the queue! We hardly got chance to sit down before our number was up! We left at 0940 - coffee in the Cafe just across from the Water fountain Park/Square at 0945! All done an dusted!

The 'advisor' - who spoke some English - was impressed with our preparation - we took

Passports + copies ------------------- but not needed
            NIE + copies ------------------------- but not needed
            Residencia docs + copies ----------- needed
            Padrón + copies --------------------- needed
            Marriage Certificate + copies ------- but not needed

In return we got a certificated document each - with the grand title of: DOCUMENTO ACREDITATIVO DEL DERECHO A LA ASISTENCIA SANITARIA (NORMATIVA INTERNATIONAL)

My wife (as the Pensioner) was the 'titular' on both - with me as a 'beneficiary' on one. Both certificates have the same NSS number - I should get my own NSS number when a fully fledged pensionista in 2½ years time!

Without even being prompted he asked if we needed an EHIC each, sí gracias, and these appeared in a minute or so! What a swept up system they now seem to have. The EHIC numbers are different of course - but both bear my wife's NSS number. Again when I get my own E121 my NSS number should be reflected on my own EHIC (both expire in Feb 10)

Then back to Los M - we had two copies each taken of the document certificates - then off to the Medical Centre

In there it was just as easy! Speaking some Spanish and doing the preparation does help.

We were asked for and handed over copies of our:

CAISS documents
            Padrón
            NIEs (needed this time)

perhaps we should have been asked for:

Residencia (see note below)

The receptionist took details of our current temporary SIP cards and confirmed our details she had on her networked PC screen. Invited us to return on Wednesday - 4 Feb (mediodía )

On returning Wednesday we were told that they needed proof of Residency - which we had with us on Monday and perhaps we should have been asked for then. Ah well! We had our Residencia cards with us - handed them over for photocopying. Invited to return Friday 6 Feb.

Returned Fri 6 Feb - both Provisional SIPs were ready and received with thanks - expiry date May 09. We were invited to return to renew these Provisional SIP cards if the plastic version has not been received by then.

Well lo and behold our plastic SIP cards arrived in the post last Saturday - taken just over 3 weeks.

May help others in our situation

Regards

Mike E

Comentario

Thanks for that information soon be time for the wife and i to go through the same exercise

Comentario

Trabajando...
              X