Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Fuel charges for car hire

I have just returned from a week in Torre and hired a car at Alicante airport from Goldstar.

I had to pay 70 euros for a full tank of fuel.

The car was a Ford Fiesta TDci diesel.

It is impossible to get 70 euros worth of diesel into this car - I drive a lexus at home and I could not get the equivalant of 75 litres of fuel in that.

Can any one tell me exactly how much that model Fiesta would hold?

Diesel is about 85-90 cents a litre at the moment so 75 litres is what I paid for

I would like to start an inquirey with the European consumer association on this fraudulent practice.

Any other info would be appreciated

This practice has been going on for ages.
    Simply don't hire from from Goldstar and the others who cheat this way.
    It's blatant robbery and the law, apparently, doesn't care.
    This happened to me once, but I was able to siphon out the diesel for later use.
    However, most vehicles now fit a special fuel filler which prevents anyone from sucking out the fuel. I suppose you could open the tank drain valve - but that's getting a bit involved.
    I wish you the best of luck. The practice should be outlawed; I don't know how you do that and enforce it in Spain.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por andywebb Ver Mensaje
      I have just returned from a week in Torre and hired a car at Alicante airport from Goldstar.

It is impossible to get 70 euros worth of diesel into this car - I drive a lexus at home and I could not get the equivalant of 75 litres of fuel in that.

Diesel is about 85-90 cents a litre at the moment so 75 litres is what I paid for

I would like to start an inquirey with the European consumer association on this fraudulent practice.

if its the 1.6tdci it only holds 43 litres. disgraceful isn't it??

Comentario

car rental

use record from alicantie if it 1/2 full bring it back 1/2 full if enpmy bring it back enpty also members get point of your next hire

Comentario

Record have been charging full/empty for quite a while now, but they are still the cheapest I can find. All the ones who allegedly dont do this disgraceful charge, simply charge more in the first place.

Comentario

[QUOTE=andywebb;24453]I have just returned from a week in Torre and hired a car at Alicante airport from Goldstar.

Any other info would be appreciated[/QUOTE Hi ,hired from them 3 weeks ago,it cost more for the fuel than it did for the 10 days hire of the car,No complaints otherwise ,the hand over / return /the car/ were good ,but i have the same car st home ,and i could,nt get that much fuel in that they charged for, but i did 700 klm and there was still a bit in the tank when i returned back,there is some hire firm,who charge for like for like

Comentario

We hired from Record recently and did all the usual checks for dents, scratches etc. before driving off. Just off down the slip road and I realised that they had not put the fuel in that we'd paid for. Went back - this was late at night - and luckily a record lady was still in the car park. Explained situation and got instant refund - so all ok there then. Don't know what would have happend if we'd been gone much longer. So just be sure to check your fuel as well before leaving now.
              Tim.

Comentario

I am convinced that this practice is not legal under EU legislation.

If they were to say we charge 70 euros
                handling charge which includes fuel they would get away with it.

However it is specific to a full tank of fuel - if you hire a Daewoo Matiz or a Mercedes E class it is 70 euros so it is fraudulent.

I am searching the web for the address of the EU consumer complaints department (there must be one). I am happy to persue this one on behalf of all hard pressed hirers.

Comentario

car 79 e for 10 days ,fuel 89 e,which for 10 days was not too bad ,for a 1.4 peugot diesel partner ,did about 700 klm. but anyone there for a few days it,s a rip off,still think it,s better than messing about with lifts or taxi,s

Comentario

car hire

I have been using victoriacars.com for the last year or so and they charge me 25 euro for half a tank, which is ok, their prices are very good. Also Torrecar will allow you take the car full and bring it back full when you have used them a few times, both of these car companies are in alicante and murcia, torrecar are a bit dearer, they do not have a web address but if you google them you will get a phone number.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por andywebb Ver Mensaje

Record and Auriga Crown are the 2 that I use most often from Alicante airport. They both charge 60 € for a full tank but will refund it if you are hiring for less than 3 days and you return it full.
                      ERGO Hire for 3 days - return - hire for another 3 days etc.........

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por suzi Ver Mensaje
                        I have been using victoriacars.com for the last year or so and they charge me 25 euro for half a tank, which is ok, their prices are very good. Also Torrecar will allow you take the car full and bring it back full when you have used them a few times, both of these car companies are in alicante and murcia, torrecar are a bit dearer, they do not have a web address but if you google them you will get a phone number.
                        Yes i,ve seen victoria cars near aldi and the lounge bar ,it seems a fairer way using 1/2 tank system if you only hire for a few days ,did you compare the prices for the hire with other companys

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por carman Ver Mensaje
                          Yes i,ve seen victoria cars near aldi and the lounge bar ,it seems a fairer way using 1/2 tank system if you only hire for a few days ,did you compare the prices for the hire with other companys
                          hi just been checking the prices ,they say all inclusive ,They all say that till you get to the desk and then they say, the wheels ,tyres, etc. are not insured ,do you want to ins. for only 20e or whatever ,they getting like the flights ,if they just say up front what the cost is ,it would be a lot better

Comentario

Use Econorent through hirecarsinspain.com. full/full (no fuel charge) & very competative.

Comentario

I always hire from auto-europe.co.uk or carjet.com.....same thing with the fuel but they are really cheap with no insurance excess.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X