Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Alsuta

You mention the April meeting, did you go to the meeting? We have no idea what it was about, we were unable to go because as usual we were not given enough notice to make arrangements. Surely it wasn't about security again, he will be wanting to build a moat around the building next and have armed guards on every corner! Obviously we are all concerned about the security of our property and possesions but I do feel he is taking this a bit too far.

Comentario

Comentario

Hi Beastess

As well as locks being changed at the entrance to the building, locks within the building have been broken by individuals living in the apartments on short/medium term lets. This is perhaps more likely to ocur in an apartment building than in an urbanisation of houses & duplexes.

As an established resident, has it been your experience that money has been taken from your bank account without notice and without explanation why. Surely, the annual community charge agreed should be the fund from which community costs are covered, i.e maintenace, security, communal pool etc. etc.

Alsuta

Comentario

Comentario

Beastess reading your plight with interest. As an ex President I know a few of the powers that are held. Proxy votes are only used once, all new issues must be put in writng before any meeting they cannot be added on as a last thought by anybody, there is no way he can enforce fines as it is an urbanisation matter and would be laughed out of any court (if any solicitor would take it on the first placel). This man has obviuosly got a power complex and should be voted off. You must contact as many owners as possible and get them on your side and if possible get up to date signed proxy votes in your favour.

Keep fighting.

Richard

Comentario

I agree totally with Richard. My husband is President on our urbanisation, and really he has no power at all. He merely acts as a go-between between the owners/builder/administrator, and sorts out all the crap stuff that no-one else wants to deal with, etc. Ok, so he gets to sign cheques and decides when the meetings are, and sorts out problems with the pool, etc, but if he tried any of the tactics that your President is trying, he'd be kicked out by the rest of the owners without a moment's notice. Admittedly we are only 60 houses, with 8-9 residents, but the guys here wouldn't stand for any nonsense.

If enough of you are unhappy, get together and get him voted off. He'll never speak to you again, but do you really care about that??

Keep us posted as to what happens!

Good luck.

Comentario

All you need is 25% of owners representing at least 25% of the voting share (quota) to force an EGM to elect a new president.
                Then of course you need more votes than him at said meeting.

Comentario

President

I notice that some people are complaining about the activities of the President of Phase 2 B of Parque des Avinidas.
                  My wife and a friend stayed in this complex last September and were constantly intimidated by aggressived males at the entrance doors and found the activities of prostitutes, pimps drug dealers and their clients somwhat unedifying. Floors in corridors were littered with used condoms and human faeces.
                  My wife and I have just returned from a visit to the same apartment and the improvement is beyond belief. We met the President and although our Spanish is almost as bad as his English, he was able to explain to us how committed he is to improving the security and I think he shoujld be complimented on the progress he has made to date.

Dermot Sheehy

Comentario

Quizmaster you wrote
                    Beastess reading your plight with interest. As an ex President I know a few of the powers that are held. Proxy votes are only used once, all new issues must be put in writng before any meeting they cannot be added on as a last thought by anybody, there is no way he can enforce fines as it is an urbanisation matter and would be laughed out of any court (if any solicitor would take it on the first placel).

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por quizmaster
                      Beastess reading your plight with interest. As an ex President I know a few of the powers that are held. Proxy votes are only used once, all new issues must be put in writng before any meeting they cannot be added on as a last thought by anybody, there is no way he can enforce fines as it is an urbanisation matter and would be laughed out of any court (if any solicitor would take it on the first placel). This man has obviuosly got a power complex and should be voted off. You must contact as many owners as possible and get them on your side and if possible get up to date signed proxy votes in your favour.

Keep fighting.

Richard
                      I tend to disagree with Quizmaster on two points. Firstly the vast majority of proxy votes are general ones i.e.
                      I give X power the act on my behalf at the meeting held etc. etc. Signed Y

With such a proxy vote the holder can vote anyway he wants on any matter.

Secondly if enough owners are present, and all proxy votes are counted as attending, ANY matter can be brought up at the meeting and be legally passed regardless if it was included in agenda on the summons to the meeting.

Comentario

Proxy votes can only be used for the meeting date stated on the form and cannot be used again, the adminastrators should collect and count all proxy paers and retain them THEY CANNOT BE USED TWICE. I am only speaking from personal experience and information given to me by the admin. Your best bet Beastess is to go and see an independent administrator and get it from the horses mouth so to speak as on this board all though we all mean well and are doing our best to help, there are conflicting answers and the more replies you get the more confused everybody will become. There is a book mentioned earlier "You and the law in Spain" it is sold at Bargain Books as well as a couple of other publications, go and have a look the solution might be in one of them.

Richard

Comentario

Comentario

Beastess,

I sincerely hope that you get this sorted - this man sounds out of control and I would hate his attitude to 'power' to spread to oth er Urbs (mine in particular!)

I had, somewhere, a copy of the Horizontal Property law. If I can find it I'll have a trawl through and see if I can find anything relevant in it. Otherwise, a chat with an independent administrator sounds like excellent advice.

Best of luck,

Chris.

Comentario

Dermot

We are owners at Parque de las Avenidas 2, we visit 7 times a year and are sick and tired of the way the building is run.
                              I agree that security has improved in fact it has improved so much that even we can't get in! Every occasion that we visit there is a new problem to deal with. Money is taken from our bank account on top of our community fees constantly and we are not informed what it is used for.
                              At the beginning of the year a meeting was called to discuss the possibility of hiring a security guard. It was decided that a guard would be hired on a trial basis for 3 months at a cost of 54 euros for each apartment. The trial was to last for April, May and June. I have since learned from another owner that the security guard was taken from the building at some point during April because the company hasn't been paid.
                              Now we are having security grills fitted on the main entrances at a further cost of 30 euros for each apartment. The stupid thing is that this is what the majority of people wanted in the first place.
                              We now find ourselves wondering where the money for the security guard went and most importantly how on earth we are expected to gain accesss to our own apartment when we visit in July as we will not have any keys for the new grills!
                              We purchased the apartment as a "holiday home" and at the moment we are finding it very difficult to enjoy it.

Regards

Kent1975

Comentario

Kent 1975,

I am more or less in the same boat as you in so far as myself and spouse have bought an apartment in Parque desd Avinidas Fase II B for periodic visits by ourselves, children and grandchildren.
                                I think you should have got a letter now from the apartment block management company explaining that you will get a credit on the bulk of the money that was put aside for the security company.
                                My own opinion is that the gates at the entrance will not be much use unless there are adequate security arrangements regarding visitors exiting the building also.
                                Regarding the 30 euro per apartment levy for the gates and new key - at least you will see what you pay for.
                                Like you, I am at a loss as to how I will get the new key for the gates and as my eldest son and his family are staying in the apartment in June I am very worried as they have never been to Torre4vieja before and don't speak Spanish.
                                I am following up a few lines of enquiry and if I find oust how the keys can be delivered to my home address in Ireland, or kept at a designated address in Spain, I will let you know.
                                Rgds, Dermot Sheehy,

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X