Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Community Presidents & Administrators

Can anyone please tell me what the responsibilities are and what authority, if any, the elected President of a community and the Administrators has and who they are ultimately accountable to?

Many thanks

Alsuta

Comentario

Alsuta,

Forgive me if I am wrong, but are you the person who was asking questions about Parque de las Avenidas 2 in the old forum?
      If you are, we own there too and are very concerned by the way the complex is being run!

Comentario

Comentario

Hi

I have been reading this thread with interest. I am curious to know how they are going to enforce this 100 euro fine. What will happen if you say, sorry, we're not paying it! What can the President and his gang really do?

We raised a similar issue with our administrator regarding non-payment of community fees, and if we could stop those who had not paid from using the pool, etc. Apparently, we can't. There was a case where an owner had not paid his fees took the community to court as they had restricted his access to the pool. It dragged on for ages and then the owner won!

I am no legal expert, and of course stand to be corrected by those who have more experience in these matters, but I thought the President and his Committee were supposed to act for the good of the Community, not running things for the benefit of the few, which sounds like the case. If you are all really not happy with what's going on, ask your Administrator to call an emergency meeting and get them voted off!!

Sorry, vent over!!

Debbie

Comentario

Kent 1975

You are correct. I have not been at all happy in the way the community is being run, hence my request for info. It seems to me that wishes and decisions of the majority are disregarded.

I know there are other owners who feel the same. I am now waiting to here the outcome of the last meeting held end April.

Alsuta

Comentario

Comentario

I always thought that the use of a proxy vote was only valid at, say, the community meeting for a specific vote on a specific issue (if you all know what I mean!), and did not give whoever held it carte blanche to do what they wanted whenever they wanted for however long they wanted.

If it were me, I would be racking up 100 euro fines just for the hell of it, just to see what they would do. It would certainly keep the president and his cronies busy, and I can't see how they can enforce it. If they frog marched you down to the guardia and said you'd been fined 300 euros because your son/daughter bounced a ball in the street, they'd probably chuck them out on their ears! They surely wouldn't issue a denuncia for that. The community wouldn't take you to court because it is too lengthy a process, too expensive, and probably wouldn't work anyway.

Comentario

Debts

I believe debts or unpaid fines can be transfered from the owner to a debt against the property, this has happened on our urb, Beastess I'm sure Debbie is right a proxy vote is for one event only,dosen't grant power of attorney

Comentario

Our President has firmly stated that situations like noise, parking and dog, mess, etc are neighbourly problems and nothing to do with him or the committee and should be dealt with by the people concerned.

Comentario

Are the community charges not paid for the common ground that all use within the urb boundries in order to keep them clean and tidy and in a good state of repair etc? What is going to happen to the money raised by these fines for the good of ALL in the community,is there an audit trail. I find it very hard to believe they have any legal standing or any citizen has the right to enforce them. Perhaps you should remind this president of the fate of many dictators throughout history.

Comentario

Comentario

I have been reading this post with interest, our community thingy has yet to be formed as we are on a new site,about 50 properties.Surely if enough people are opposed to the way things are being done ,the top man can be kicked into touch be the majority ?

Comentario

If this guy is going to put in the ramps himself, is he expecting to be paid by the Community to do it? It's one thing buying things like plants, etc, out of your own pocket for your communal bit of garden and then claiming it back with the receipts from the Community, but another to be actually making money from it.

Comentario

Alsuta

We have just returned from a week long trip, on arrival we found that the doors on Calle Ronda have had the locks changed yet again! The doors on Calle Manuel Martinez are now locked at 21.00hrs so that everyone coming into the complex has to enter by Calle Ronda. We are so fed up of having to get new keys and worrying about when we do go to Spain that we will not be able to get in at all!
                              Also, we did not once see the security guard that we are paying so much money for! We even went for walks around the building in the middle of the night to look for them.
                              On many occasions we have written letters to both the President and the administrator about the very short notice given to everyone for the meetings with no response.
                              I would be very interested to hear the problems you are experiencing, please feel free to contact at paulmetters@aol.com.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X