Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Los Locos Bars and Restaurants

I'm out soon and its been 2 years from my last visit so whats changed?
    I know Tipsys has changed hands. Is Cookie still about? What about Popeyes and Murphs. Are they still going strong or are there any new ones in the area worth visiting.
    Anyone notice any big price changes. I have to admit I'm worried about the cost of eating out and can see me having a few "homemade dinners" while I'm there.(not what I really want to do on my holidays but.....). Is the Los Locos area as busy as ever or has the economic situation reduced numbers too, although given the trouble I had finding somewhere to stay I suspect not. Any information on the current situation would be very welcome along with any recomendations for places to eat or things to do during July.

I have found over the last few years that the bars in this area are very quiet.I dont know why,anyone got any answers?Perhaps its the fact that many residents and holidaymakers now have access to english tv and prefer to stay in and have a drink as they do at home nowadays,or is it the fact that the bars in this area have their pricing wrong.Having said that there are a number of bars in benidorm who are selling lager for 1 euro a pint and they are also very quiet.Ithink the days of the bars you have mentioned being busy are long gone (unfortunately).As for cheap food i find chinese res are good value.But with ex rate being what it is they are not as good as before and the menu del dia in the spanish bars etc now seems quite expensive.Unfortunately i think this applies all over spain the good old days are gone!

Comentario

Los Locos

Sad but probably true. Although when I have been there before the prices were less in Los Locos than in other parts of Torre I visited althogh these would have been busier parts of the town. I suppose I will just have to find out for myself and let everyone know about what I have found out when I get back. Thanks anyway for your thoughts.

Comentario

Forgot to mention a resturant on playa del cura (if you like spanish food) cant remember the name of it but it is an all you can eat spanish buffet and from memory is 8 euros but i think it is only open afternoons.

Comentario

Tipsys closed last night, a victim of the recession! Graham (cookie) is at Pegasus across the road Mon, Weds & Sun doing Karaoke - this seems to be the busiest bar at the moment. Kennedys (was Three lions) closes about 10pm, Durty Nellys has gone quiet and is more expensive. Popeyes is still going. In Pegasus a small beer is €1.20, hope this helps.

Comentario

Los Locos Bars

Originalmente publicado por JNP Ver Mensaje
            Tipsys closed last night, a victim of the recession! Graham (cookie) is at Pegasus across the road Mon, Weds & Sun doing Karaoke - this seems to be the busiest bar at the moment. Kennedys (was Three lions) closes about 10pm, Durty Nellys has gone quiet and is more expensive. Popeyes is still going. In Pegasus a small beer is €1.20, hope this helps.
            I have never been in Pegasus before but i'm sorry to hear about Tipsys. Looks like things are not good but at least cookies still about. Do you know if Pegasus do food and if so what is it like? I have to say I never really liked The 3 Lions and the newly refurbished Kennedy's looks even less appealing. Thanks for the very useful information I just hope i'm not heading to a ghost town or worse lots of closed down bars or early closing bars, but we'll see.

Comentario

Very sad to hear about any of the pubs closing down. However, no worries about Los Locas being a ghost town. Still busy every day in the sunshine. Jack seems to be busy on the seafront but it's true that evening trade has dropped off.

However, it is still cheeper to drink at night in Los Locas than many other parts of the city.

Cheers,

keith

Comentario

Pegasus don't really do food just breakfasts and burgers but on Mondays they have curry night or Tapas night, Debbie - cookies wife (from Tipsys) runs them, good value.

Comentario

Los Locos Bars

Originalmente publicado por JNP Ver Mensaje
                  Pegasus don't really do food just breakfasts and burgers but on Mondays they have curry night or Tapas night, Debbie - cookies wife (from Tipsys) runs them, good value.
                  Good to hear that if Debs is doing the burgers they will be good just like the old Tipsys Burger.
                  Only a week to go now can't wait now. Los locos may be a whole lot busier in the comming weeks!

Comentario

Los Locos

Right this is it then tomorrow I hit Los Locos for the 3rd time in 4 years so if you see anyone having a cool beer and a good feed and you hear an irish accent (Northern) stop and say hello Paul. You will probably recognise me by my various Northern Ireland World Cup Spain 1982 football shirts, that and the very annoying 12 year old daughter I'll be shouting at, as she tries to turn the few remaining non grey hairs I have a whiter shade of pale.
                    Failing that I'll be the one in Popeyes or Pegasus with a jug of beer chilling out and trying to avoid singing any Karaoke and watching any football I can find.
                    P.S. Thanks for all the tips on what to expect I may even report some of my own findings in a couple of weeks time if anyone is interested including the legal taxi transfer service I am using for the 1st time.

Comentario

Enjoy your trip!

Comentario

You can get a menu de dia at many bars and restaurants around Torrevieja for under 10 euros on the front expect to pay up to 50 % more same goes for drinks though I'm sure you know this

Comentario

We've just driven around that area, it was really buzzing. The beach was packed out, bars busy,no where to park and that was at 12.30 lunchtime. Not sure what the nights are like.

Comentario

Los Locos

Ok Im back so give me some time and I promise I will give you my views of the area as I found it this year ..... and its not all bad in fact most of it is pretty darn good.

Comentario

Los Locos

Hi priddell hope u enjoyed your hols. I was in the area at the same time and i can,t wait to here your views.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X