X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Freesat from Sky Cards - Important

Freesat from Sky Cards - Important

It looks like these cards will be changing also soon......

Messages have been appearing on screens this weekend saying along the line of "Your card is about to expire - you may lose channels after September"

If you purchased a Sky FTV card after 1st May 2006 you are entitled to a free replacement card.

(Note this may be different if you bought your card from an agent in Spain who may charge for a replacement!)

Unlike the new cards for Sky subscribers, Freesat replacement cards will not be sent out automatically, but via an onscreen message saying the card is due to expire and to contact Sky.

If you do nothing then you will loose access to any FTV channels:

ITV1 (in these regions only: Anglia W, Central SW, Mer N, Mer SE, TT S, Yorks E)
    Channel 4 HD
    FIVE
    FIVE USA, FIVE USA +1, FIVER, FIVER +1
    Sky 3

Sky Freesat customers have to either call Sky or apply for a new card online before the end of September 2009.

You can apply online at: Replacement Freesat Card

(I have no idea if this works with Spanish IP address, and you will have to provide a UK address - which could be an issue if you bought it from a supplier / installer...i dare say you will have to buy a new FSFS card from them...and may not be able to get a Free Replacement out of your supplier!)

Just enter your viewing card number and it will tell you if you are eligible for a replacement.

Looks like the FTV cards will be continuing for a while then

There is no mention if the new cards you will get are preactivated or not....so you may also have to contact sky to get the cards activated - as they may not be able to be activated in your box, but the box the cards were originally activated in.

And would also assume that all those that bought a new card in the last 12 months from a supplier may be able to get the new FSFS card for free and for no charge under their guarantee!

interesting stuff but I wonder if anyone could quickly answer my question?

I have a sky digibox in spain with no card in but we still get quite a few channels (not quite sure how this is working but it does?). Our dish is only 1.2m so no BBC etc... channels only news and a few docs but for nothing it's ok!

If I buy a freeview card in the UK from Sky will that give me more channels over there or not?

thanks

adrian

in fact nosing around I found this which sort of answers my quesiton but would I gain from having a FTV card in ? Channels That Can Be Accessed without Card On Sky DigiBox - Satellite TV support forum & Digital TV support forum.
    Editado por última vez por harry; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/96-harry en , 13:53:39.

Comentario

a freesatfromskycard unlocks

FIVE
      FIVE USA, FIVE USA +1, FIVER, FIVER +1
      Sky 3*
      ITV1 *(in these regions only: Anglia W, Central SW, Mer N, Mer SE, TT S, Yorks E 12402v 27.5 2/3)
      Channel 4* (12480 v 27.5 2/3_
      Channel 4 HD

* are north beam channels and may not be available all day.

Comentario

thanks for that, doesn't look as though it's worth buying for us as our dish isn't big enough to receive virtually all of those channels anyway (or does freeview work differently perhaps?)

Comentario

You cannot get Freeview in Spain.

Any company advertising as such should not really be approached as they do not know what they are on about!

Freeview is the UK digital tereestrial service, which is received by a TV aerial and digital set top box. It is transmitted from UK land based transmitters like Emley Moor. None of these signals reach Spain.

However, many of the channels on Freeview, are available for free by satellite - BBC ITV etc...However, some channels on Freeview, like Dave, are subscription only on satellite (due to the fact that Freeviews reception is very restricted tot he UK yet the satellite reception is over Europe and so has to be encrypted)

(For note Freesat is available in Spain. You need a Freesat box to receive Freesat. However, as the channels on Freesat receiver are all free to air, they can be recieve on any sky receiver also....or a receive bought from Lidl etc....There is no seperate signals for Freesat or Sky - if you cannot get bbc1 on your dish and sky receiver you will not get bbc1 on your dish with a freesat receiver - although Freesat lauched just over a year ago, many of the channels on Freesat have been available for free for much longer!)

However, Spain does have a digital terrestrial services, its own version of "Freeview", called TDT. 30ish digital spansih channels - and some programmes can be watched with their original (ie english) audio soundtrack.

With a Freesat receiver you have acces to the Freesat software / EPG / programme guide, and all free to air channels

With a Sky receiver you have acces to the Sky software / EPG / programme guide, and without any viewing card all free to air channels
          With a Sky receiver you have acces to the Sky software / EPG / programme guide, and with a "freesatfromsky card" or "freetoview"card, you receive all free to air channels, and those that are Free to View - FIVE FIVE USA, FIVE USA +1, FIVER, FIVER +1 Sky 3* ITV1 *(in these regions only: Anglia W, Central SW, Mer N, Mer SE, TT S, Yorks E 12402v 27.5 2/3) Channel 4* (12480 v 27.5 2/3_ Channel 4 HD
          With a Sky receiver you have acces to the Sky software / EPG / programme guide, and with a "subscription card" , you receive all free to air channels, all free to view channels, and the subscription channels you pay for,
          Editado por última vez por satandpcguy; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/3071-satandpcguy en , 15:01:43.

Comentario

Trabajando...
          X