PCAwnsers Helpdesk

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

I tried both of them out anyway and did find avg had a more user friendly interface.

Thanks

John

Comentario

I am looking for a utility that gives summary on the hardware/software installed on your PC from board manufacturer, memory size, hard drive capacity, software information......etc?

Using XP

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Scorpio Ver Mensaje
        I am looking for a utility that gives summary on the hardware/software installed on your PC from board manufacturer, memory size, hard drive capacity, software information......etc?

Using XP

Any ideas?

Thanks
        Scorpio,
        There is no need to download anything as there is a utility already inside xp.

To launch utility just click Start, click Run, type MSINFO32 in the Open box, and then click OK.

Wait a few seconds and a window appear that displays all the related information!

Comentario

Problems with superantispyware

Originalmente publicado por J.Mufc07 Ver Mensaje
          sdocs,
          I now recommend you download superantispyware free edition here SUPERAntiSpyware.com - Downloading File

install it and run a full computer scan

superantispyware is free and will find any viruses on your computer to prevent it happening again.

thanks
          I've problems running the above download. I've downloaded thge programme and when I try to runa scan the computer freezes after 2 minutes. I've tried switching off my firewall but to no avail. The only way to fre up the system is to reboot it. The keyboard and mouse are unresponsive until I reboot. Control/Alt/del has no effect. The keyboard (USP) just doesn't work. Any ideas.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por northend Ver Mensaje
            I've problems running the above download. I've downloaded thge programme and when I try to runa scan the computer freezes after 2 minutes. I've tried switching off my firewall but to no avail. The only way to fre up the system is to reboot it. The keyboard and mouse are unresponsive until I reboot. Control/Alt/del has no effect. The keyboard (USP) just doesn't work. Any ideas.
            Northend,
            I think the only way you would be able to run a full scan without the computer hanging is to start the program in safe mode.

How to start in safe mode
            # If the computer is running, restart or if it's turned off, turn it on.
            # Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
            # Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.
            # Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
            # In safe mode, open up SuperAntiSpyware and run a full scan and when it's finished and found all the viruses it will ask you to reboot, let it reboot and your computer will startup normally without any viruses.

Thanks
            Editado por última vez por J.Mufc07; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/4535-j-mufc07 en , 19:39:19.

Comentario

Thanks J.Mufc07. The scan works when computer in safe mode but not when running normally. For your info there is a boot in safe mode option available in the superantispyware programme which saves time closing down and starting in safe mode.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por northend Ver Mensaje
                Thanks J.Mufc07. The scan works when computer in safe mode but not when running normally. For your info there is a boot in safe mode option available in the superantispyware programme which saves time closing down and starting in safe mode.
                Northend,
                Glad it to hear you successfully got it working in safe mode. Also thanks for information about the Boot Safe option in SuperAntiSpyware. People have said that it easier to use the normal safe mode as you got more chance of finding more viruses as you have more access to more Windows files.

Comentario

Any recommendations for a registry cleaner, I don't care how much it costs.
                  Thanks

Comentario

Advanced Systm Care from download.com is a good registry cleaner

Comentario

Poem

> The computer swallowed grandpa.
                      > Yes, honestly its true!
                      > He pressed 'control and 'enter'
                      > And disappeared from view.
                      >
                      > It devoured him completely,
                      > The thought just makes me squirm.
                      > He must have caught a virus
                      > Or been eaten by a worm.
                      >
                      > I've searched through the recycle bin
                      > And files of every kind;
                      > I've even used the Internet,
                      > But nothing did I find.
                      >
                      >In desperation, I asked Jeeves
                      > My searches to refine.
                      > The reply from him was negative,
                      > Not a thing was found 'online.'
                      >
                      > So, if inside your 'Inbox,'
                      > My Grandpa you should see,
                      > Please 'Copy, Scan' and 'Paste' him
                      > And send him back to me.

Comentario

sdocs, why are you answering your own question? Surely J.Mufc07 should be answering it. I think I smell a rat.

Comentario

sdocs,
                          I recommend Registry Easy, when I tested 1 year ago overall it was the best registry cleaner I've tested yet. I've been using it since then and it has kept my compute up to speed.
                          Thanks

Comentario

What a load of cobblers.!!!!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por J.Mufc07 Ver Mensaje
                              sdocs,
                              I recommend Registry Easy, when I tested 1 year ago overall it was the best registry cleaner I've tested yet. I've been using it since then and it has kept my compute up to speed.
                              Thanks
                              When I tried to download Registry Easy a warning came up to the effect that it was an unsafe site liable to nick my personal info etc.

Comentario

Mambo,
                                The warning you recieved was false positive.
                                Thanks

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X