X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Urbanisation Enquiry

Hi there!

Has anyone had any experience of builders called Golf Invest? We've bought a property in an urbanisation near a spanish town called El Algar - has anyone heard of it? We're reading and hearing so much stories now about problems with builders on urbanisations and crime issues.

We kinda need a wee bit of reassurance even though I know if you are daft enough to give the criminals the kind of opportunities they're looking for then you'll get burgled and when you look at the situation here in the UK - Have we done the right thing? I'm sure we have.

Ojay

Urbanization

We bought a house with Golf Invest in El Mojon, and were told it would take 2 years before it was ready. In fact it was completed 6 months early. No builders' clean was necessary and all the legals were dealt with very efficiently by our agent. No complaints at all.

Comentario

we are completing thurs 14th july in guardamar.have had no problems so far and are completing when we wanted to.will post an update when we get back at end of the month.

Comentario

Thanks to both of you - I feel a bit better about the builders I also hope all goes well for you ruthdenise2005 look forward to your posting when you get back. My wife and I are going over in September for a week to see what progress is being made.

Thanks again!

Jimmy

Comentario

Comentario

Golf Invest are Promoters and not the actual builders!! (BUT) They are promoters with their heads screwed on. From experience, they tend to deal with reputable builders, building in areas located in or on the perimeter of Spanish towns, therefore ensuring an already established local infrastructure and a good investment. They are prety much on the ball with reasonably priced property and doing their best to ensure delivery of quality properties and on time.

El Algar is a typical small Spanish coastal village in an area not far from anywhere, and with a great future.
            Don,t worry to much as i personaly think that you have made a good purchase, and this area is very low in crime, although as anywhere now England, France, Spain, Greece etc. there is always an element of crime and you have to take security precautions. I.E Alarms grills etc.

Bottom line, Golf invest are not a bad deal.

Comentario

Comentario

I'm grateful to all who have replied - feel a lot better I can tell you. Beastess do you know if the bus actually stops in El Agar and then on to Cartagena. It would be really handy if it does as it means we can travel by bus to and from Cartagena.

best wishes to you all.

Ojay

Comentario

Yes, the Alicante Cartagena bus definitely stops there - I have been meaning to get out and have a look around one day! I would think there are probably also local buses and other long distance ones stopping there too.

Comentario

Golf Invest Property - El Raso, Guardamar

Hi

We have bought a Golf Invest property just outside Guardamar, which is due for completion in June 2006.

I have read numerous horror stories on message boards (not about Golf Invest), so was a little reassured on reading this thread.

Has any of you here got any information or advice for us very new to buying in Spain people ; - )

We are really looking forward to our new life in Spain, but need to be aware and streetwise. Hope you can help!

Spanishgirl

Comentario

A few do's and don'ts.

Do learn as much Spanish as you can
                      Do make sure you take all the security precautions you would in the UK
                      Do try and mix with the local Spanish population
                      Do try and enjoy yourselves.

Don't think the Spanish are fools- they're not.
                      Don't give criminals any oportunities.
                      Don't wear sandals with socks.
                      Don't forget to enjoy your new home.

Hope this helps

Comentario

Andy

Thanks for your reply. Made me laugh, and so true! You made me realise that life is to ENJOY! Make sure you are as protected etc as you can be, then get on with living your life instead of thinking of all the possible eventualities. Think I've been worrying a bit too much about things recently. Could be because we've bought Spanish property, sold our house, moved into rented accommodation, I've reduced my hours at work etc etc. Although its all for a positive reason, its still very stressful.

Roll on next year, and hopefully our new home in the sun.

Regards.

Spanishgirl.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                        X