X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Originalmente publicado por rspltd Ver Mensaje
    Some interesting observations and statements. I particularly liked "
    Why do people think they have the God given right to ban other people's enjoyment, as I've said more than once before"

Presumably that doesn't apply to sadists, murderers, paedophiles. etc?? or does it?

Just to inject some facts into the argument. In 2008 it was estimated that less than 22% of the UK were smokers - hardly the vast majority".
    Please don't misquote me 'as I've said more than once before; If you don't like smoking stay away from where it's practised' and nowhere do I mention the vast majority and anyway, we happen to be in Spain !!!!
    Only applicable to Sadists, Murderers and Paedophiles if they smoke...............................!!!***????

Comentario

It is estimated that 33% of the Spanish are smoking - not a large percentage in my book.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Warrior Ver Mensaje
        This thread seems to have lost its way somewhat.
        So just to recap: It was never intended to be an argument on the rights and wrongs of smoking, although the anti-smoking zealots, who always seem to be ex-smokers rather than those who have never smoked, jump on anything to do with smoking, they’re like religious converts, they’ve seen the light so they try to make damn sure everybody else does!
        We know that smoking is an addiction, but so are a lot of things. You can easily become addicted to alcohol or food or sex or even speed, but no-one seems to be outlawing these addictions. Why don’t they put pictures of car crashes or people who’ve been beaten up or livers that have cirrhosis on bottles of whisky or vodka, perhaps that’s to come in the next round of freedom restrictions.
        No, it was supposed to be a reasoned discussion on how our liberty and freedom of choice is slowly but surely being eroded by politicians. As the situation stands at the moment whereby we have restaurants and bars where you can smoke and we also have those where it is prohibited is surely more reasonable than a complete ban. We are told that this is for our own good??? But if politicians were really concerned with our health they would ban the sale of tobacco products altogether, wouldn’t they, and to hell with the lost revenue! (Oh yeah! Look there’s a flying pig!!!)
        This proposed new law is undemocratic and unilateral as a large percentage of people in this country are smokers. They are being discriminated against and, I hesitate to mention ‘Human Rights’ as these have become more associated with criminals than ordinary folk, but what about my human rights? I will be banned from my local bar because I enjoy a smoke with my pint, whereas some obese, drunken, sex maniac in his souped up hot-rod will be welcomed with open arms.

THIS LAW IS NOT JUST – IT WILL BE IGNORED!

(I do hope that no-one will find this post too abusive or obscene...................)
        Point taken.

Comentario

It is estimated that 33% of the Spanish are smoking - not a large percentage in my book.
          We all know that there are lies, damn lies and statistics - how big a percentage do you want for God's sake, that's a far larger percentage of the population than voted in the last UK Labour government.
          So, OK just give us 33% of the bars & restaurants to smoke in!

Comentario

But that 33% is 50% larger than the number of smokers in the UK, and 100% of them are smokers.
            Statistics eh!

Comentario

On Sky News this morning there’s an item to the effect that the idiots in the UK are trying to ban smoking in cars. Wherever next; my garden shed? If you don’t like me smoking don’t come to me for a lift…….It’s quite a simple idea, ideal for simple people.
              The reasons given are that children are being made to smoke passively, and, like mobile phones, you have to take your hand off the steering wheel to light up?????????
              Well, I don’t have any kids and I take my hand off the wheel to change gear.
              I thought that you were banned from using your mobile while driving because having a conversation on a phone interfered with your concentration (another law being blatantly ignored here in Spain just as the no smoking law will be) whereas it takes no concentration to smoke a cigarette, ‘cos we all know it’s purely an addictive habit!!

Comentario

Is it possible that the smoking ban will effect the tourest trade which is already suffering because of the exchange rate and credit crunch. I dont smoke but my Wife does and one of the rituals is to go to the fag shop and buy packets of fags. The saving would pay for the air fare.

Clearly many smokers come to the euro zone to buy fags to take home but as from June they wont be able to smoke here.

I gave up smoking for health reasons and I must say it worked. I have no objections to others smoking even my Wife but I do warn her.

I use to love eating salty crisps but they are gone. We are told continually what to eat for halth reasons and that we will live longer. Surly one of our economic problems is that we all live too long and many would sooner die early but enjoy a short life.

Comentario

Smoking is a dirty, disgusting foul smelling habit and is no better than burpping in someones face. BAN IT... BAN IT... BAN IT... BAN IT... BAN IT

Comentario

No smoking

It is difficult to argue with such an open minded person ?

Comentario

Nothing like a bit of reasoned debate.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Lloyd Ver Mensaje
                        Smoking is a dirty, disgusting foul smelling habit and is no better than burpping in someones face. BAN IT... BAN IT... BAN IT... BAN IT... BAN IT
                        Have you considered a career in politics ? Pillock !

Comentario

Hey Warrior, Pillock here......

Do you do hard drugs as well? You know.. bit of Coke here and a bit of Crack there, or you just content with a Spliff to share with the kids? After all, lets not erode our civil liberties.

A career in Politics...I thinking about that one. Ban smoking in cars...now that will get you going. Ban drivers from using mobile phones in cars....that would be on my list.

Have a nice day and don't forget...................VOTE FOR ME.......(you know it makes sense)

Comentario

Are you sighning Pillock.

Its strange that so many people seem to enjoy the habit if its so disgusting as you say. I dont smoke for health reasons of my own but if other wish to smoke its up to them and their health. The one thing I find ridiculous is young people taking the habit up when there is so much against smoking. There is a new industry thriving on the effort of giving up i.e. Nicorette etc and yet every day youngsters are enrolling in the smoking club and eventually chewing the gum.

I think I am too old for politics

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Lloyd Ver Mensaje
                              Hey Warrior, Pillock here......

Do you do hard drugs as well? You know.. bit of Coke here and a bit of Crack there, or you just content with a Spliff to share with the kids? After all, lets not erode our civil liberties.

A career in Politics...I thinking about that one. Ban smoking in cars...now that will get you going. Ban drivers from using mobile phones in cars....that would be on my list.

Have a nice day and don't forget...................VOTE FOR ME.......(you know it makes sense)
                              Hey Pillock,

You certainly seem to have the correct brain capacity for a politician, i.e: one brain cell !

I think, if you were to check, you may find that using mobile phones in cars is already banned - TONTO !!!

Comentario

The UK is now a no smoking zone, I can't understand why politicians should tell adults how to live there lifes. Surely they should spend their energy on crime, employment, health and immigration amongst a few issues. Though I never thought France or Ireland would adhere to the smoking ban they did. Should we not as law abiding adults be given the choice of whether we wish to smoke or not? My local bar is frequented all through the winter months with locals, is usaually full and the majority of them smoke. If I didn't want to be in there company I could go up the road and visit the very empty none smoking bar. Maybe the Spanish will have the balls to stand and fight this ban for every adults right to make a choice.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X