X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

This should make you feel better.

Toddler who survived van crash now addicted to cigarettes and beer

A three-year-old has mysteriously picked up an addiction to smoking cigarettes and downing beers after surviving a road crash.

Ya Wen has been smoking up to a pack a day since the accident last year when she was hit by a speeding van.

Her parents say that her personality has changed since leaving hospital, where she recovered from five days in a coma and severe injuries.

Addicted: Three-year-old Ya Wen smokes a cigarette. She took up the vice after being hit by a van in Huizhou, China

Her mother Gao said she has started acting like an adult.

'She likes drinking,' she said. 'Three glasses of beer is no problem to her.'

Her mother, who collects rubbish to sell in Huizhou, China, said she found her daughter hiding in a toilet and smoking her father's cigarettes.

At first she just thieved those, but now gets them on credit from a local shop.

The store owner said Ya Wen often came over and took one or two packs away.

'We thought she was buying for her father,' he said.

Mrs Gao, who lives in a shelter, said her daughter has now been addicted to smoking for a year and has also changed her preference in clothes.

'She only likes boy's clothes. If we don't buy them for her, she cries in protest.'

Ya Wen's father has now stopped smoking and the family have moved to the other side of the city, but said she still cries for cigarettes whenever she sees them.

* A two-year-old who threw tantrums if he did not have 40 cigarettes a day has cut down to just 15.

Ardi Rizal, who weighs 4st, has been smoking since his father first gave him a cigarette when he was 18 months old.

Officials in Musi Banyuasin, Indonesia, have offered to buy the family a car if he quits.

He has cut down through 'therapy focused on playing'.

Ardi Rizal had his first cigarette at the age of 18 months. At one point the toddler, now four, was addicted to 40 cigarettes a day but has now cut down to 1

Read more: China van crash toddler Ya Wen now addicted to cigarettes and beer | Mail Online

Comentario

Very interesting but, very far from helpful - go back to trawling the net!

Comentario

It is good sign that smoking is banned in resturents and other public places.
        Every one should coprate and try to avoid, it is bit difficult for the smokers but thy can.
        Editado por última vez por Alan100; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/6013-alan100 en , 06:13:21.

Comentario

I agree with the positive comments about the smoking ban. We, non smokers, are now more inclined to use many more eateries because of the cleaner fresher environment we can enjoy the food in. I can not begin to think what the Jamon Serrano must have tasted like when it was matured in Lambert & Butler smoke while hanging from the ceiling!! Yuk!!!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Adlechiv
            We should also avoid to sit with a smoker because he has lot of diseases with him and we could be effected easily.
            physical therapy billing coding
            Do they actually have to be smoking at the time, or could we simply be effected sitting near them ??!!!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Warrior Ver Mensaje
              I don't have to justify smoking - it exists!
              If governments were really concerned they'd ban the sale of tobacco, but then they'd have to raise taxes to replace the lost revenue. How many non-smokers would go for that?
              Who said anything about taking things in excess - I'm talking about eating & drinking, and I've never heard of anyone killing someone with their car because they had one too many kingsize - though you probably have...........!!
              All I started this thread for was to say that the present status quo, whereby we have freedom of choice to patronise either a smoking or non-smoking establishment seems to work OK. Why alter it by legislation? I was unprepared for an uprising of general anti-smoking bo**ocks.
              Why do people think they have the God given right to ban other people's enjoyment, as I've said more than once before; If you don't like smoking stay away from where it's practised.
              Surely it's not that difficult a concept to grasp!
              What a santimonious pr...k. Why should I, whilst enjoying a drink in a pub, have to move to another establishment and then another because someone wants to stand next to me puffing like a factory chimney! Tell me why I should be inconvenienced because people want their "enjoyment"? Nothing I do in public affects other people's enjoyment of life so just go away into your little holes, fill your lungs with smoke and die a horrible death.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por lindapalmara Ver Mensaje
                What a santimonious pr...k. Why should I, whilst enjoying a drink in a pub, have to move to another establishment and then another because someone wants to stand next to me puffing like a factory chimney! Tell me why I should be inconvenienced because people want their "enjoyment"? Nothing I do in public affects other people's enjoyment of life so just go away into your little holes, fill your lungs with smoke and die a horrible death.
                Oh lovely - yet another non-smoking Nazi...........!!!
                We used to have smoking and non-smoking establishments but of course that wasn't enough for you lot - you don't like it so no-one can have it, it's hardly democratic.
                And I can assure you my pr**k is no more sanctimonious than anyone else's!
                Now be a good girl and just go away and take your typically foul non-smoking mouth with you.
                I find it hard to believe that nothing you do ever upsets anybody.........!!!
                Editado por última vez por Warrior; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2594-warrior en , 10:21:00.

Comentario

It is said that if you don't smoke then you would be alone when you would be old,.
                  Because all your friends will die. Bad thing for you.
                  Editado por última vez por Emmanu; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/6388-emmanu en , 10:19:40.

Comentario

Some of the country and location smoking in the public place is banes and people are not able to smoke in public place so automatically ratio of smoking is decreased.

Comentario

I read on the first page that Spain 'was going to go bankrupt and all the bars slide into non-existence' if the smoking ban was enforced. We are on page 7 now and I can't judge for myself as I haven't been to Spain for a while.
                      Have all the bars gone bust as a result of the smoking laws?

Comentario

No haven't gone bust, just saved themselves lots of money because they don't require cleaners anymore.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por essexboywithwhitesocks Ver Mensaje
                          I read on the first page that Spain 'was going to go bankrupt and all the bars slide into non-existence' if the smoking ban was enforced. We are on page 7 now and I can't judge for myself as I haven't been to Spain for a while.
                          Have all the bars gone bust as a result of the smoking laws?
                          Well i've minutely scanned the first page but can find no mention of'was going to go bankrupt and all the bars slide into non-existence'
                          I sometimes think that's the trouble with these forums: People see what they want to see or make it up as they go along!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por quizmaster Ver Mensaje
                            No haven't gone bust, just saved themselves lots of money because they don't require cleaners anymore.
                            True because no-one goes in them anymore. Sigh even the cleaners are losing their jobs.

Comentario

As a smoker, I agree that we should deter the younger generation from picking up the habit of smoking. When i was young it was made out to be glamerous, as the actors on the big screen as well as TV were smoking. Alas I do still smoke as the last time I stopped I went into hospital with pnuemonia and later treated for pluerisy (sorry about spelling as i am losing touch with English having lived out here for a decade). However, i also agree, from what visitors have told me, that pubs and clubs are closing down all over the place. I do not think that it will affect Spain greatly as the facility is in place to smoke outside with Toldos springing up everywhere. It is the poor restaurant and taverna without a terrace that will be affected.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X