Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Winter Fuel Allowance and Theft !

There’s been a lot of media hype this past couple of weeks regarding ‘Winter Fuel Allowance’ being paid to expats, particularly in so called warm countries like Spain, “Do they really need it ?” etc. etc. Well, as we’re experiencing the coldest winter in living memory, certainly in the nine years that we’ve been here, in a solid concrete house with no building insulation all I can say is: “Yes we bloody well do!” Not that I get it, being just a lad you understand, but my partner does and why not? She paid into the system for forty-five plus years, which is a lot more than some we won’t mention, why can’t she get a bit back?
    Gormless Gordon’s Morons in the ‘sweaty sock’ infested excuse for a Government have already robbed her of her disability allowance the day we came to live in Spain, and, despite a European Court of Justice ruling back in 2007 to the effect that it was illegal for HMG to withhold certain disability benefits from expatriates living anywhere in the EEC, they continue to drag their feet regarding it’s reinstatement. They are now going to Law to try and wriggle out of payment, involving the taxpayer in yet more millions of pounds in costs for QC’s, Barristers, Lawyers, Judges and Court expenses rather than pay to some 17,000 disabled expats what amounts to individually in one week that which an MP would pay for an after lunch cigar, and then fiddle the cost on his expenses claim!!
    To add insult to injury every time I check my Email I’m bombarded with adverts from the DWP to the effect that fifty million pounds was illegally claimed last year by ‘people working on their Tan………’ what they don’t say however, is that due to their inefficiency and incompetence, in 2008 they paid out seventy-three million in benefits to people who were already dead!!!
    Also, that 36,000 children in Poland are receiving benefits despite never having even seen Britain let alone ever wanting to live there.
    I’ve just sent off our applications for a postal vote in the next election, oh! I know, I don’t live there so what’s it got to do with me, well the Pope isn’t married but he makes the rules for wedded bliss !!**?? And anyway, I consider myself better qualified than some ignorant camel-jockey straight off the boat with his hand out. We still pay tax in the UK, something some have never done or ever will.
    Immigration has been positively encouraged by the Labour government on the basis that the ignorant scroungers will always vote Labour as they won’t want to see their benefits reduced as they should, and would be, under other regimes.
    The ‘Auld Enemy’ have hated the English ever since the highland clearances in the eighteen hundreds and when that war criminal ‘Teflon Bambi Blair’ handed the reins to unelected ‘Gormless’ it opened the way for the jocks to infiltrate our parliament and bring England to it’s knees. (The only thing the Scots have ever accomplished apart from Whiskey…. OK! And Golf… Spoils a good walk in the Country and you have to dress like an idiot!)
    Let’s get rid of Gormless Gordon and the rest of the sweaty socks in his Cabinet and kick them back across the border to that land of mist and mellow murkiness. They could all be employed in that Scottish Assembly monstrosity that cost billions and where nothing of note ever happens……….
    Apparently, you can come back to the UK as an immigrant if you’ve lived elsewhere for more than five years. I intend to convert to Islam prior to my arrival and then go down to the Social, wearing my Burka of course, and demand my five bed roomed mansion and the people carrier for my entourage, probably on the day after Hell freezes over!
    MAKE BRITAIN GREAT AGAIN rather than just a little Muslim state off the coast of Europe, vote for who you like as long as it’s not Labour the ‘Let’s Make Britain Bankrupt Party’. Westerners are slowly beginning to realise that they’ve been consistently conned by their dishonest, unscrupulous, self-interested politicians for the past decade or more – well the apathetic worms are turning!
    (That’s it – End of Whinge.)

Winterfuel etc

Having read your piece I must say I agree with most of your comments. Since coming here in 2005 the last winter has been the coldest I can remember and in fact I have been colder this year than at anytime in the UK. My electricity bill is in excess of 100 euros each month. My pension has been reduced by a third since coming here. I came here as I thought it would be cheaper than living in the UK on my state pension. I am now thinking that it may be cheaper to go home. I bought a small studio to let out in 2000 as I thought that I could let out same to suplement my pension. No way. The rental didnt even cover the small mortgage I had and in the end had to sell for the same price I paid in 2000. Some investment ????

It seems to me that the Government in UK is quite simply out of control. The country is being run by the Banks. Interest 0.5% and yet Barclaycard charge 27%.

Gordon wants the strikes to end and its 2 fingers to him.

We are told that our armed forces are in Afganistan to protect the streets of UK and yet the 2005 horrors were executed by British ??? citizens. Some British ??? Doctors decided to end their misterable lives at Glasgow airport.

Lets be quite honest this New Labour Government have destroyed a country I once loved.

Can someone tell me whats wrong with the BNP or English Protection league or UKIP. Can someone also tell why I should vote Tory or labour.

Comentario

Something that you must remember is that the Winter Fuel Allowance is not to actually pay your heating bill, but to help you out in sever weather situations, which happens in the UK. I am sure this does not happen in Spain. My heating bill is a lot less than it was in the UK. So I do not see why I should receive it. I wouldr rather it go to the pensioners who really need it.

Please don't tell me that you have paid NI contribution and income tax for forty years and you are entitled to it. I know of many early retirees who told the government that they had moved to Spain before retirement age, so don't receive it. Some early retirees kept a UK address inorder to receive it until pensionable age

Comentario

I must say that I have been colder in the spanish winter that the UK one. The properties are not built to keep out the wind and cold. They are equipped with tiles etc to keep the room cool in the summer. My electricity bill has been higher that the UK bill.

I have in fact paid NI and Tax for 50 years in UK. The winters in the UK used to be moderate and only in the last two years have things changed. I agree that only people on a low income should receive the allowance and in the exchange rate was still 1.50 to the pound I would be quite well off but at 1.11 I am suffering and the allowance does help.

There are of course the millionaires as in UK who should not received certain benefits such as child allowance etc but nothing is ever said to resolve this absurdity. The state pension should surly not be paid to every one but it is. It is quite obvious that if the pension was only paid to the needy the pension would be far greater for those who need it. I bet Sir Fred will draw his state pension and winterfuel allowance in due course. Maybe the CE of Barclays will also draw the pension even though it is said he earns £63 million a year.

I came and retired in Spain as it did seem cheaper to live than in UK. I am now having second thoughts as a 50 euros goes nowhere when in Carrefoure.

Houses and flats are cheap, also Fags are cheap and wine but thats about it. I dont smoke or drink and I have bought my flat at the top of the market so I am left no better off in Spain. Of could UK for a pensioner is cheaper when you consider the exchange rate but knowing my luck the exchange rate would go up again as soon as I returned home.

Comentario

The difference is the State Pension is based on a persons contributions, but the Wnter Fuel Allowance isn't. Having paid NI contribtions no matter ones wealth you should receive it

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por parkerrw Ver Mensaje
            Something that you must remember is that the Winter Fuel Allowance is not to actually pay your heating bill, but to help you out in sever weather situations,

Please don't tell me that you have paid NI contribution and income tax for forty years and you are entitled to it.
            I'm sorry but I don't understand! Surely the clue is in the title WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE what else could it be for ? Snow Clearing or Sandbags for flood defences perhaps ? Or Hot Soup !
            Why shouldn't I tell you that I've paid tax & NI for over forty years and so has my partner she's the one who's entitled to it, because she's the one who gets it - Why not read my post ?
            Editado por última vez por MAMBO; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/4665-mambo en , 17:42:28.

Comentario

What read your whinge again.?? Your quote
              Editado por última vez por parkerrw; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/639-parkerrw en , 19:55:41.

Comentario

Are you on drugs ? - you've just contradicted your first reply !
                Heating Bill / Fuel Costs what's the difference ???
                Keep taking the tablets...................

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por parkerrw Ver Mensaje
                  What read your whinge again.?? Your quote
                  Oh! Well edited - the Email we received from Torrevieja.com read as follows:
                  Here is the message that has just been posted:
                  What read your whinge again. The Winter Fuel Allowance is paid every year over the winter months to help with your fuel costs.
                  Still smoking the wacky backy ?

Comentario

Trabajando...
                  X