X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Cars and where to buy one....

Hi all,
    I know it's the age old question, but can anyone suggest where I can buy a decent second hand car.?

Has anyone had a good experience from a seller, that they'd be happy to recommend.

relocating to Quesada near the end of August, and pretty much want to get a car immediately.

......also on that note would any of you prefer to drive an automatic or a manual in Spain.?

I would never dream of driving an auto at home, but what with having several things to think about all at once over there, driving on the 'wrong side' on unfamiliar roads, changing gear with the 'wrong hand', masses of tourist traffic, not to mention the crazy spanish drivers lol......
    ....so I've been considering buying an automatic when I get there. Good idea or bad idea?
    Your suggestions and comments welcome.

Jessi

Comentario

Jessi, I too would be interested in buying a second hand car and like you have never driven an automatic, but many people reccommend them in Spain for all the reasons you mentioned. Steve, do you have an idea of what a second hand smallish automatic car would cost? I would like to have an idea of how musch I would have to budget for.
      Thanks,
      Magenta.

Comentario

re cars

Magenta,

I have driven an automatic in Spain, but not here at home.
        I started off with a manual in Spain but it was awkward trying to remember to do everything at once, so I hired an auto the last twice that we've been over, and it was soooo much easier!

However I have also been looking for an automatic, and the prices are quite a lot higher from what I've been told.
        Somewhere in the region of 10-12000euro for a 2 year old.
        Considering that second hand cars depreciate less in spain, so therefore hold their prices, it would therefore only cost around 15000 euros for a new one!!

Comparing that to the price of a second hand manual is quite significant!

Steve thank you for those links. I saw that F&C sell ex rental, would you recommend them?

Comentario

Thanks Jessi,

thats a bit pricey isn't it!
          How do you know they sell ex-rental, do they have an ad or a web site?
          I am sure that an ex-rental might be a better proposistion but they are bound to have had a bit of rough treatment Wonder what Steve thinks.
          Anyway let me know how you get on.
          Magenta

Comentario

Yes, I know Fernando and Clara. I have rented some 200 weeks' cars from them and they always have good offers on ex-rental cars.

Whether I would personally buy an ex-rental would be down to whether I knew my ex-wife had ever driven it before (0-60 in one gear change, rear view mirrors for applying lipstick. Why bother putting water in the screen wash - it will probably rain this year. Why check the oil every week? Doesn't that funny light flash when you have none?)

Comentario

lol sexist Steve..naughty naughty..... ..ya mean the rear View ISN'T for applying lipstick???

Yep know what you mean about ex rental...all sorts of crazy drivers having driven them .
              However, they can be a bargain if you get a good one.

Has anyone any recommendations of a good car showroom, no rip off merchants? .

I've been warned off Global, but I don't know any others!

Comentario

No, not sexist. I am sure no REAL woman would use a rear view mirror for lipstick. Eyelashes, maybe!

Both Framon and Crespo have large showrooms and will come to collect you if required.

Comentario

Hey Steve,

What is it with women drivers? Oh I know it has something to do with incidences like last night. My battery on my car has been flat since coming back from Spain and hubby advised me to use frozen water out of the freezer to top up the battery which he said was bone dry.

I immediately whipped out a tray of ice cubes and defrosted them. Gave him the water to top up the battery. Never told him until after he had topped it up that it was ice cubes. He nearly fell over laughing.

So what is the difference, to me it was all the same.
                  I am not a mechanic! Anyway it still went this morning, just kept hiccuping and asking for the vodka as we went down the road!

Comentario

squeeze me young Ms J & Steve....I'll have ya know I'm a very good driver. In fact I'm super sensible all the way around, as the following story will prove without any shadow of a doubt.

Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those expensive
                    double-glazed energy efficient kind.

But this week, I got a call from the contractor complaining that his
                    work had been completed a whole year and I had yet to pay for them.

Blimey we got into it on the phone! Just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that

I am automatically stupid.

So, I proceeded to tell him just what his fast-talking sales guy had
                    told me last year... that in one year the windows would pay for
                    themselves.

There was silence on the other end of the line, so I just hung up, and he hasn't called back!!

Guess he felt really stupid, huh??? :P

Comentario

Second Hand Cars

I recently bought a second hand car from Alhonso in Quesada. Quite a few people I know have bought there too. Good service, one years guarantee, 2 years ITV.

The garage owner even saw me driving in Quesada the other day on the way to the garage and phoned ahead to tell his staff to change my windscreen wipers as he had seen me trying to clear the windscreen of dust and noticed the wpers needed replacing. How is that for service???

Apologised he should have replaced them before giving me the car...

Comentario

Hi Lori,

Oooh that's interesting!! Can you tell me whereabouts Alhonso is...do they have a website?

Any rough ideas on prices of small 2 -5 year olds?

We're arriving near the end of August and want to be able to buy a car asap.

Many thanks...jess

Comentario

Hi Jesse

He has a wide range of cars, mine was only 4500 euros which is the cheapest he had but I did negotiate him down quite a bit. He has decent cars from around 6000 euros but can also find you what you want. His full details are as follows, but please note he has a long holiday coming up I think it starts on 15th August.

Under the arches at Quesada take the 2nd turning off marked service road and he is just down there on the right. Walking distance from Quesada.

Garaje Alonso Hijos S.L. Ctra Torreveija - Crevillente Km28
                          Cuidad Quesada Alicante 03170 Telephone 965971013 Fax 965971060
                          You need to speak to Carlos.
                          Good luck
                          Lori

Comentario

Thanks muchly Lori...Have mailed you!!

Comentario

NEW CARS - RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE?

I know this post was about second hand cars, but we are looking to buy new. We are thinking about Seat or Citroen. Any comments on that?

Are there any Seat dealers in the south Costa Blanca area?

Is it better pricewise to go away from the coast?

Can anyone recommend some good new car dealers?

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X