Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• English speaking Midwife

Does anyone know of an English speaking midwife around the Torrevieja area, my wife is prenant and really worried about giving birth in Spain.

Thanks in advance!

Comentario

I think this must depend on where she is booked in to have the baby. If it is in a state hospital then she will have the midwife who happens to be on duty at the time.

I had both my children in Spain and think I had excellent treatment. I had only lived here for three years the first time so my Spanish wasn't brilliant. The midwife in charge has the final say as to whether the father can be present or not, so we used the fact that my Spanish wasn't too good as an excuse to make sure he was able to be present - supposedly to translate!! In fact I learnt all the relevant language at my pre-natal check ups and preparation courses.

Although I've never given birth in the UK, I think one of the big differences is that things are more set here. I wasn't offered any options like soft music and cushions, I basically had to do what I was told! Also, the only pain relief I was offered was an epidural which I could sign for in advance. I didn't choose to do this, so gave birth with no pain relief apart from the breathing I was taught which was absolutely fantastic.

Jane

Comentario

Trabajando...
      X