Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• relocation information required

hi we are a family looking to relocate soon.
    we are currently dealing with a company called MASA international and we wondered if anyone had dealt with them and could give us an idea as to whether they a a reputable company. any information good or bad would be greatly appreciated.
    Also information about the areas Fortuna and Monforte del cid would be helpful
    Thank you in advance.

:P
    MASA and ATLAS are the biggest firms in this field. We used MASA. They are quite reputable but not perfect. A lot depends on the builders they deal lwith. Out house was ready within a month of the estimate. They gave us regular progress reports of how the building was going. When we had signed up they responded to emails from England about such things as "signing off the builders supply - water & electricity"
    One word of advise don`t be too eager and quick to sign a form which their workman brings to say everything is OK or you will need to chase the building firm yourself for minor flaws or imperfections. This can be a "manana" situation.
    Best of Luck
    Dave Hargreaves

Comentario

Masa

If at all possible come out under your own steam, rent for a while and have a good look around, not only will you probably save thousands but you will see properties these companies will never show you!!

Comentario

As long as you dont mind paying between 20-30k over the odds

That is there average commision on there property

Comentario

Spot on IMHO Gardnr8

Fortuna and MdC are massively different areas. MdC is an El Dorado type urbanisation which IMHO has little going for it whilst Fortuna is further inland and until recently was off the immigrants beaten track.

The best thing is WITHOUT DOUBT and have a good feel for the area - not just a 3/4 day Fly-Buy.

Comentario

we used masa and so far have been pleased and our place finished on time - i would recomend not buying unless the work has at least been started on the foundations and if possible get something nearly finished to save a lot of worry-although this is more expensive. masa may have cost more than doing it yourself but so far it has been worth it- we hope to be out in spain in sept so we have not finished the long road yet! good luck rosie

Comentario

The people who bought in our street were divided between Atlas and Masa.
              Those using Masa seemed to get a better service, and if you by with one of the larger agents you feel safer about buying.
              However with hindsight eg knowing the area better and because of the bargains to be had we would by secondhand if we had to do it again

Comentario

Hi,
                We used Masa and it is nice to be able to say the experience was a good one for us.
                If you have time to rent and look around why not if you have not and we didn,t Msa are ISO bonded and as good as it gets.
                Look on the web sites ,and look for what you think might suit your needs,make a list and insist on seeing what you yourself want to see,and not what you are pushed towards.They do favour some builders who work with them,and let,s face it, it is a business, a very big one at that.
                I took alist with me and eventualy a girl called Kate Kearney,took us in hand and found us what we were looking for.
                Buying from the builder direct? I am not convinced you save anything from what I can see on the web sites.and talking to people.
                We ended up buying from a smaller builder through Masa and Masa did everything for us. best of luck archie

Comentario

A couple on our site bought direct from the builder, exactly the same price as we could have got from the agent ?

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por spark240
                    A couple on our site bought direct from the builder, exactly the same price as we could have got from the agent ?
                    Yes that is what I hvae found.
                    The time span for completion is about 5-6 months over the date given in this area it might have changed but I doubt it ,I am quite sure the builders use the 6-month over run as a matter of cource you should take this into consideration if you are relocating . It is nothing more than the Spanish culture, a lot of people get very frustrated about this but it is how it is done over here ,worth while knowing about it now.
                    good luck again archie

Comentario

Not always the way.
                      We have just been given completion date which is on schedule.
                      May be the last day of August but we can cope with that

Comentario

I dont think you will go far wrong with a big company like MASA. If I was doing it all again I would spend more time looking at resales though.

Comentario

Hi,
                          Yes if you can look at some resales do so, the agents don,t push them as much because they do not make as much on them.You can still buy resales through Masa, but there are many estate agents .For myself I would not esitate in using them again I suppose it is down to your own experiences.I certainly have seen mor people looking at resales in the town.
                          In general there is an overrun but with the amount of building going on it could be changeing. archie

Comentario

I bought a resale through MGB in January of last year. Since then I have been to look at the properties that I were available to buy off-plan and can only say that I was shocked to see how much the finished article differed from the original plans, with car parks where swimming pools should have been, and green areas disappearing under new foundations.

There are so many resale properties available, and some real bargains to be had. you get the opportunity to speak to neighbours and find out exactly what the area is like, and more importantly what you see is what you get.

Chris.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                            X