Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Risky Property Investment Company

My husband took a phone call last week from a company called Dream Tours inviting us to a day out in Cartagena, with lunch on a boat, in return for taking an inspection tour of a new spa at a hotel in San Javier. It was made to sound a like a pleasant day out and we were assured it was not a time share sales pitch.

So, last Friday we were picked up at the Arches in Quesada and whisked off - not to a hotel, but a rather chilly office belonging to Owners International in San Javier where we were taken to a table by 'Steve' who spent the best part of an hour trying to find out our background and attempting to become a buddy and soften us up. (NO chance!) Apart from assuring us he was not selling time share, he declined to say exactly what he was trying to flog! Finally, when we were losing the will to live and I was wondering how much a taxi back to Quesada might be, we were taken to the Polaris World complex. (Polaris went into adminstration last year) Now this is a truly stunning place and we were told that Owners International had bought 200 apartments there at give away prices and sold them for a huge profit, and that the business 'Steve' was trying to get us to invest in was mopping up a lot of cheap property. With the new airport in San Javier and the proposed Paramount theme park he assured us it was going to be a boom area. Owners International offered 5% return a year on capital plus a profit share in four years. We were all taken back to the office each with our 'minder' and they attempted to persuade the victims to part with as much cash as they thought each might go for. Naturally with my husband an ex-banker he asked a lot of awkward questions and we soon found ourselves shepherded out and across the road to a coffee shop while the others remained in the office!

It's pretty clear this is not what it seems. They have a dire website full of spelling mistakes which we have since discovered was only set up a few weeks ago, although 'Steve' told us he had worked for the company for five months. They claim Price Waterhouse Coopers (or Coppers if you read the website) are their auditors - they gave no-one in our party a brochure and the business card we extracted from 'Steve' was on a scrap of paper clearly run off on the the office printer. The day out was ONLY offered to pensioners - who are less likely to have the financial knowledge to research this company and therefore more vulnerable - and had to be residents in Spain. They were also only allowed to come if they brought a partner with whom an instant decision could be made. There were so many anomalies in the information we were given we are sure this scheme is at best suspect and at worst fraudulent and we are passing our thoughts to the Guardia Civil in the hope they can check them out, and today I had confirmation from Price Waterhouse Cooper that they have no connection with Owners International in spite of being mentioned as auditors on their website. They will be demanding to have the reference removed.

We were eventually taken into Cartagena and we did get lunch on a boat, but we are very suspicious of this company, not least because they totally misrepresented what the day was about - and they were clearly out of their depth when someone with a financial background asked awkward questions.

The coach company is clearly the one which organises the Blanket Trip as that was where they got all their contact phone numbers.

We both feel a bit foolish for having gone at all - but hey ho - we all do something daft sometimes! And if you doubted it - there really is no such thing as a free lunch.

hi, we were taken to the very same with a blanket type tour, but we wouldn,t go to inspect anything, and like you said it was a good hour, or bad hour wasted, just another sales scam. nick

Comentario

My husband, on the advice of our lawyer, went to the Guardia Civil and tried to report the scam. They asked if he had lost any money himself. He replied no, thanks to enough financial knowledge he had spotted it for what it was. They told him he had no evidence it was a scam and basically to mind his own business!
      This afternoon we had another call from the company - having no knowledge we had already been on the trip - inviting us to go on the same scam. My husband left them in no doubt what we thought about it and told them they were working with crooks. I wonder if they will take any notice??

Comentario

Both the FSA (British Financial Services Association) and Price Waterhouse Cooper have replied and said they have no connection with Owners Overseas. They are still phoning people and actually called US again last week.

Comentario

Hello All
          I am new to this forum and found your remarks RISKY PROPERTY INVESTMENT very interesting. Fortunatly you spotted what you thought was a scam, unlike myself who went on the same visit to San Javea and after a long discusion and assurances I decided to invest with the company (not owners International) they are only the sales reps of 2 other companies namely White Cliffe who own the land in Guaro and Primula Developments who are the constructors and who the investment is with. Now I am not convinced that everything is above board as the only contact is by email to
          marie.ownersinternational@gmail.com and after several atempts to make contact my messages are ignored so I agree that these people are not a reputable company. However I do have faith with both of the other 2 companies, for the following reasons. I went to Marbella last month for a few days to try and locate these companies at the address on the documentation of White cliffe. I found the business centre which was located on the 2nd floor of a 5* hotel but the hotel closed down a week earlier (just my rotten luck) but I did find out that Primula and Whitecliffe were located there but could not find out there new location.
          My next task was to drive out to Guaro to see for myself if the Ampitheatre (Flamenca School) actully existed it was there and completed, so my next visit was to the cultural centre in Guaro to try to find out more info. The Theatre was due to open at the end of June 11 and they confirmed that it was built by Primula developers and that the land belonged to White Cliffe.
          In conclusion I apeal to anyone who invested with Owners International in Javea to contact me to see if they have any contact other than the fore mentioned as I would like to have the contact phone numbers of any of the 3 companies involved. My email address is kenlazenia@hotmail.com . There is a website for Primula Developers who are advertising the project.

Comentario

They are in prison

We have been told by our legal advisor, through whom we reported it all to the Guardia Civil Fraud Dept in Madrid, that about 30 of them have been arrested. There is apparently quite a network doing this scam.

Comentario

Scam ??? Drama Queen

Originalmente publicado por Drama Queen Ver Mensaje
              We have been told by our legal advisor, through whom we reported it all to the Guardia Civil Fraud Dept in Madrid, that about 30 of them have been arrested. There is apparently quite a network doing this scam.
              Thanks for the update, but as an investor I am still not convinced that it is a total scam as I have seen for myself the development in Guaro and can confirm that the cultural centre in Guaro inform me that Purina developments built the Ampitheatre on land belonging to White Cliff and plans have been submitted to start building a hotel and villas. But as for Owners International if what you say is true they are in the best place. Please keep me informed if you have any more news and I would like to hear from anyone who has invested. I would also like to make it clear that the investment is not with Owners International they are only the sales agents.

Comentario

Owners International

I am considering writing an article about this scam as I have been contacted by some people who have made an investment and have tried, in vain, to contact the company only to find that they have disappeared off the face of the earth. If you have been affected by this company and would like to contribute to the article, please contact me via e-mail at louiseclarke.reporter@gmail.com

Cheers

Louise

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X