Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Internet dongle

My wife and I have just returned to the UK after spending three months in Play Flamenca, we stayed just below La Florida and enjoyed it so much we are coming back for a further three months in 2011.
    The only downside was the lack of an internet connection, we used some of the free wi-fi and some of the metered wi-fi but it's just not the same as logging on when the mood takes you. I understand you can purchase a pay as you go dongle from Carrefore or the Dog and Bone in La zenia. I would be very grateful for any information regarding cost reliability and how long you get for your money for surfing and email, I would not be downloading film or music just reading the English papers and keeping in touch with friends and family. Thank you.

Internet dongle

Hi,

I bought a 15 euro Vodafone data sim at the Vodafone shop, Caballero de rodas 26, in Torrevieja yesterday to use with my netbook. I had the program downloaded on my USB memory stick...they are called pen drives in Spain... I got 12 euro credit free and used that towards 7 days of unlimited internet access. Had to uninstall 2 other "dongle" programs for my netbook to find the spanish program but it was a small price to pay for super internet access.
    I only needed 7 days access now but can be topped up as and when I'm in Spain.
    Hope this helps
    Please don't go to Carrefour as they don't always give you the right advise...they seem to be plugging more expensive systems...

Originalmente publicado por arrowman Ver Mensaje
    My wife and I have just returned to the UK after spending three months in Play Flamenca, we stayed just below La Florida and enjoyed it so much we are coming back for a further three months in 2011.
    The only downside was the lack of an internet connection, we used some of the free wi-fi and some of the metered wi-fi but it's just not the same as logging on when the mood takes you. I understand you can purchase a pay as you go dongle from Carrefore or the Dog and Bone in La zenia. I would be very grateful for any information regarding cost reliability and how long you get for your money for surfing and email, I would not be downloading film or music just reading the English papers and keeping in touch with friends and family. Thank you.

Comentario

forgot to say that it's UNLIMITED access but I suppose if you max it out they lower your speed.

Comentario

Thank you for the info Ulla

Comentario

I purchased a YOIGO SIM CARD from ebay description SPANISH PREPAID YOIGO 3G SIM CARD FOR SPAIN

Spanish Yoigo 3G Data SIM Card. Get your own Spanish phone number and receive FREE incoming calls no matter where they come from, great if you are visiting Spain for business or holidays. The card has already been registered and it comes with no credit. Very easy to recharge when you arrive to Spain (Top-ups are sold everywhere: gas stations, post offices, supermarkets... etc) It also works in the Canary and Balearic Islands

Take advantadge of the cheapest prepaid internet rate from your mobile phone whilst in Spain: Max. 1.20 EUR per day!

All national calls only 0.08€/min. International calls only 0.30€/min

Buy it now for only £8.99 !!!

This card can be put into a dongle and used to access internet.

Comentario

Hi
            Did you ever find contact details for the DOG & BONE.?

Comentario

Hi Kentsoc
              Dog and Bone don't appear to have a website, bit of a surprise when you consider how they make a living, however I did call in and speak to them about July last year and they had a few different offers, the one I would require would have cost me 50 euro a month for unlimited downloads which I thought a bit expnsive. I am now in an apartment with unlimited wifi from Ole Communications which comes in at around 5 euro per week. Hope that helps, but if you anywhere near La Zenia it may be worth your while calling in on Dog & Bone as they may have an offer that would suit you.
              Iain.

Comentario

Thanks for the reply Iain
                We have been coming to Spain for 12 years now and have never found a satisfactory internet connection.
                We have piggy backed neighbours, bought a Vodaphone dongle , Vodaphone hub and recently the USB from Dog & Bone and whilst reasonably expensive has been the best.
                I really now want to rationalise TV and Internet.
                Nowadays we tends only to come to Spain for a month in the Summer and a week in the Autumn.
                We dont want or need a land line
                TV from Torresat costs 53euro for a month
                Also 53 euro for the week in autumn as that's the minimum
                50euro for internet from Dog & Bone

Any suggestions? Or because I'm only in Spain for 5 weeks a year, am i doing the best I can?

Comentario

Hi Kentsoc,
                  I think you may be making the best of it, and at least there are more and more cafe's and bars with free wifi. A small tablet is great for the free wifi as they are very light and easy to carry. Good luck and continue to enjoy your holidays.
                  Iain.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                  X