Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Buses from torre to alicante

Hi there all ,i hear they are finally considering a direct bus from torrevieca to the airport alicante,do you think it will go ahead or will the taxi firms put a block on it. I for one would welcome it .we have paid hundreds of euros in airport transfers over the years visiting torre.does anyone have any more info on when or if this service will be available this year,kind regards gasehound.

Hi if they want to expand the tourism in the area then a bus service will have to go ahead!! the taxis to compete will have to do what they should have done before REDUCE there Price.
    Regards

Comentario

what do you think is a fair price for a taxi?

Comentario

Well i have been paying around 50 euros one way,should really be about 35 euros.they reckon the bus could be around the 6 euro mark fingers crossed hope they dont drag their feet and get on with it.because by the looks of things torre needs all the help it can get

Comentario

I agree the taxis should be around €35................

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por gasehound Ver Mensaje
            Hi there all ,i hear they are finally considering a direct bus from torrevieca to the airport alicante,do you think it will go ahead or will the taxi firms put a block on it. I for one would welcome it .we have paid hundreds of euros in airport transfers over the years visiting torre.does anyone have any more info on when or if this service will be available this year,kind regards gasehound.
            Just HOW can the taxi firms 'put a block on it' ?

Comentario

The fare to benidorm is 12€ each way so look at that figure when calculating and dont hold your breath it is only Valencia who have agreed a bus service is required nothing in concrete yet

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por gasehound Ver Mensaje
                From The Coastrider

It has been a long time coming but after what seems like a lifetime of requests it appears that at long last there will be a bus service established between Alicante airport, El Altet, and the city of Torrevieja. The announcement was made last week by the mayor of Torrevieja Pedro Hernández Mateo and councillor Tomas Arenas. The mayor said that the Valencian parliament has approved a draft resolution establishing the route and a new regular service between the two points. There will now be a period of public consultation where interested parties can make their comments before a final decision is taken.

The service has long been argued for with Torrevieja being a popular tourist destination particularly for foreign visitors and residents arriving at Alicante. It is intended that the new service will operate 365 days a year with 12 round trips daily between the two points. The route that has been suggested is not that of the N332 coastal route but that of the AP7 motorway on the grounds that travel times should be more predictable especially during the busy summer period when traffic congestion is high along the coast road. It would also be an express coach with no additional stops between the airport and Torrevieja.

No decision appears to have been reached on the exact times of the service but the mayor said they will be arranged to coincide with the busiest and most appropriate flights arriving at and departing from the airport. One newspaper has quoted the price for each trip to be around seven euros which seems to be amazingly good value but a final price would depend on who was awarded the contract and the conditions that are attached to it. It is intended that the service will operate between 7.30 am and 10.30pm in the winter months but be extended to midnight during the summer. When questioned about the start date for this new service the mayor was unable to say for certain but hoped it might be in place for the early summer this year but emphasised that it depended on regional administration.

Comentario

great news, sounds like someone's finally listened

what I'm not sure of though is the route, surely the n332 is the obvious one despite the traffic probs as most urbs are along it and many after torre

so surely a multi-stop n332 route would be the most profitable and effective, to at least cabo roig and possiblly beyond

Comentario

Trabajando...
                  X