X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Transfering money to spain

hello
    We are hoping to live inTorrevieja from October We have an apartment and an account with Banklinter,
    can anyone advise us of the best banks and ways to transfer money.? from Irene and John. England.

I have a Halifax Bank Account in The UK and a Lloyds Bank account in Torrevieja because it is free to transfer from Halifax to Lloyds. A great free service.

For large amounts, like to buy an apartment, I use currencies direct because it can be free in certain circumstances.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Bob Pallas Ver Mensaje
      I have a Halifax Bank Account in The UK and a Lloyds Bank account in Torrevieja because it is free to transfer from Halifax to Lloyds. A great free service.

For large amounts, like to buy an apartment, I use currencies direct because it can be free in certain circumstances.
      Like you we have a Halifax UK current a/c & a Lloyd's International current a/c (in Guardamar) BUT never transfer between them, the rate's so low. We use XE.com, the rates excellent & Lloyd's charge nothing to receive under 50,000€. We use XE to transfer small amounts maybe £1500 when we go to Spain for a few weeks. Usually takes 3-4 days from telling XE what our requirements are to the funds being in our a/c. XE made everything very easy.

Comentario

That sounds good Orangegrove! Do XE charge you to make the transfer?

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Bob Pallas Ver Mensaje
          That sounds good Orangegrove! Do XE charge you to make the transfer?
          No, they give you 1.5 - 1.6c LESS than their home page (or Sky or BBC etc), the best rate we decided & such ease compared with some.

Comentario

we use moneybookers - recommended to us some years ago on one of these forums - couldn't tell you how they compare to xe.com though - takes about 5/6 working days to complete transfer in to Spanish bank account from english

Comentario

I thought you lived here Orangegrove? anyway on with the question, dump Bankinter they charge 45€ pa for the current account move to Bancaja who charge nada have all your money paid into them it is transferred on the day at the commercial rate we have been doing this for 7 years now and no problems they are 2nd to none in customer service too

Comentario

This is useful for reference

Money Transfers to Spain - Send Money Online from UK

Comentario

I agree with GAL we have always used Bancaja, they are excellent, we use the branch at cabo roig, but I guess they are all about the same, online Bancaja are easy to navigate and use!

Comentario

Hello,

We have always used currencies direct and never had a problem with small or large sums of money.

Gooders1

Comentario

We have a Lloyds bank account in Spain and use the branch in La Zenia We transfer money online from our Halifax bank account I also have a pre paid Euro credit card Mine is an FX card again you transfer money online The card can then be used as a credit card with no charge I can also take out money at a cash machine but there is a charge of £1.50 per transaction although there are cards available with no charges The rate I get is generally .75 cents below the commercial quoted rate

Comentario

I have halifax / lloyds accounts in UK and Spain, there in no commission on money transfers, but I get much better exchange rates using Global Currency. They also have an office near the lloyds bank in playa flamenca. Global Currency Exchange Network Registration Form
                        hope this helps. pobs.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                        X