Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• New Alicante Airport to Torrevieja Bus

A little while ago there was report of a proposed new bus service which would run between Alicante Airport and Torrevieja. As I recall it, the new service was awaiting approval of the local authorities in Alicante. Does anyone have any update on the progress of this much-heralded new service?

I heard it had all been approved but how long before it goes into action is anyone's guess!

Comentario

It wont be this year that is for sure, it is the Valencian Government not Alicante Province who have to approve the costings and that takes time

Comentario

I thought I read somewhere that it had been approved by the valencian govt.

Comentario

Just found this doing a search:

Taken from The Coastrider today 04 January 2011

It has been a long time coming but after what seems like a lifetime of requests it appears that at long last there will be a bus service established between Alicante airport, El Altet, and the city of Torrevieja. The announcement was made last week by the mayor of Torrevieja Pedro Hernández Mateo and councillor Tomas Arenas. The mayor said that the Valencian parliament has approved a draft resolution establishing the route and a new regular service between the two points. There will now be a period of public consultation where interested parties can make their comments before a final decision is taken.

The service has long been argued for with Torrevieja being a popular tourist destination particularly for foreign visitors and residents arriving at Alicante. It is intended that the new service will operate 365 days a year with 12 round trips daily between the two points. The route that has been suggested is not that of the N332 coastal route but that of the AP7 motorway on the grounds that travel times should be more predictable especially during the busy summer period when traffic congestion is high along the coast road. It would also be an express coach with no additional stops between the airport and Torrevieja

Comentario

Thanks Wendetg. Well, its good to hear that there is some progress on the project. Hopefully it will not be as late as 2012 before the service actually starts as GAL pessimistically predicts.
            I have read elsewhere on this website some discussion on whether a route involving the ( widened in part ) N322 via Santa Pola and Guardemar might be better than a non-stop service to Torrevieja via the AP7. Either way, roll on the service!

Comentario

Hi Everyone

I cannot understand why the existing Alicante-Cartagena buses cannot divert via the Airport at El Altet. It is hardly a long way off the N332! It is "a bit of a nuisance" to have to take the bus from the airport three or four miles in the wrong direction to connect at Alicante bus station to then drive back along the same route past the airport! Surely the costs of this minor diversion would be negligible, and may well increase the bus take-up, as I am sure many people just grab a taxi, or even hire a car, rather than do the double-bus journey.

Or am I missing something obvious????

Comentario

Hi Astra99

My experience is that buses leaving Alicante bus station heading to Cartagena are usually quite full, leaving no room for those wishing to go from the airport to Torrevieja or other stops en route.

I'm sure the new bus service will prove to be very popular given the increased costs of car hire and the fares charged by taxis.

Rgs.

Comentario

hope im not committing a crime posting a second time as there are losers that just have to comment for the sake of it and discourage contributions

i have researched getting from alicante to the airport and there is a bus route c6 operated by subus fare 2.00 € the stop is near alicante bus station, exit the bus station by the passenger entrace turn left,left at the corner and the sbus stop is on the next corner up. it runs all day every 20 minutes until about 10pm

http://www.subus.es/

its in spanish but not rocket sciene to understand
                  Editado por última vez por helpplease; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/5553-helpplease en , 11:33:10. Razón: to change it.. hehehe obvious eh ?

Comentario

Here's an English explanation

Alicante Airport Bus

Comentario

Bus service to Alicante airport to run from this month

After five years of petitioning, an express bus service linking the city of Torrevieja with Alicante airport is set to operate from the end of April.
                      Sealed bids to carry out this public service from two different companies are being studied at present and the mayor of Torrevieja has stated that the new bus service will probably start to function from as early as this month.

The direct public transport service will run 365 days a year and consist of 12 journeys to the airport and 12 journeys back to Torrevieja, with additional return journeys at peak times of the year.

The cost of each single journey has been estimated at 7€ per person and buses can be picked up from Torrevieja’s bus station from 7.30am until 10.30pm during the low season and until midnight during the summer months.

An interior route of approximately 65km has been chosen, avoiding the N-332 coastal road, which is prone to congestion and slower driving speeds. The bus will follow the CV-905 and the A-7 motorway.

With a population of more than 100,000, half of who are foreign, and 60% of those foreigners being European residents, who regularly fly and make use of the airport, it is certain that this service will be welcomed by thousands.

In addition, a new local bus service running through the urbanisations of Mar Azul and La Veleta in Torrevieja began running from the beginning of this week. Buses will access the urbanisations from the new roundabout and will travel through Avenida del Pacífico, Calle Juan Sebastián El Cano, Avenida Conquistadores, Avenida Juan de Austria and Calle Churruca.

To complete this new service, two new bus stops have been put in place on the Avenida Conquistadores and Avenida Juan de Austria, next to the "Nuevo Amanecer" public school.

RTN The Favourite Free Newspaper For The Costa Blanca, Costa Calida - Bus service to Alicante airport to run from this month

Comentario

Trabajando...
                      X