Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncio todavía.

More about - Changing Sterling in Spain !! an update!

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• More about - Changing Sterling in Spain !! an update!

Hi all,

There was a topic recently called - Changing Sterling in Spain.

Here is an extra bit of info for those that do not know !!

If you go into a bank in Spain you can hand over a cheque from your English bank account for any amount in English pounds and when it is cashed into your Spanish account you will not pay any transfer charges from the English bank !!

Regards,

Dave D.

For any amount ?

Payable to the account holder in Spain, in GBP's ?

And only pay the Spanish bank charges ?

Comentario

Comentario

Somehow I think there will be a charge that will show up eventually on the Spanish Account, for changing the GBPs into Euros if nothing elsa.
        Banks do NOT do free lunches, if they did we would all be into it.

Comentario

Hi again,

Next time I come out I will try it and see what the result is. I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Dave D

Comentario

Since we bought our first property here in 1996 we have always topped up our Spanish account by writing ourselves a cheque on our UK account. The only charge we pay is the commission that the Spanish bank charges. We have never had any deductions in the UK other than the actual amount that the cheque was for. We are now with banco Santander but for some years we were with Sol Bank.

Comentario

We normally top up our account by taking Euros to Spain with us and just paying them in as cash.

At least that way you know exactly what's going in. Not advisable, of course, to use this method if you're dealing with large sums of money.

Chris.

Comentario

Comentario

When friends of ours come out to Spain they draw money out at a local cashpoint from their UK Halifax bank and then pay it into Bankinter. They said that they get the euros at the bank rate and they dont have any charges for paying them in. We have never tried to do this so dont know first hand.

Comentario

Comentario

I recently transferred a large amount out to Spain. After looking at various currency companies I eventually settled for Halifax UK to Banco Halifax The rate I got was 1.75 cents below the interbank rate and the transfer was completely free. Although I would have got a slightly better rate with say HIFX the received Bank costs wiped this out

I then gave notice (2 days the Halifax wanted) to withdraw, in cash, my money and saved 0.2% commission for them to give me a bankers draft.

Mike

Comentario

Transferring Sterling to Spain

I found that paying a UK cheque into my Spanish account was quite costly. As I have internet access to both my NatWest and BankInter accounts, I have found that internet transfer is a cheap and reasonably quick method of transferring funds from the UK to a Spanish bank.

UK banks (I think it is due to money laundering laws) won't let you transfer money direct to a foreign bank over the internet, however, there is an outfit called Moneybookers you can use to do this for you.

The first step is to open an account with www.Moneybookers.com

Comentario

Comentario

Comentario

Hi J White

If you look at the Moneybookers FEES page under Upload & Withdrawal Feesupload. When I instruct Moneybookers to withdraw

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X