View Full Version : Legal advice regarding brothers will

04-12-2006, 07:39 PM
My brother has recently died in Spain without leaving a signed will . He leaves a widow , son and daughter . His solicitor is in posession of an unsigned will . The son and daughter are both of an adult age .

His widow is not on the property deeds and there were no joint accounts . He has only lived in the property for the last 3 months . He has been resident in Spain for aproximately 5 months .

Included in the purchase of the property in Spain there is an anual fee for the provision of legal services through the builders solicitors , the Builders are La Rossa . There solicitor is currently dealing with this case .

What is the process by which the estate is settled ?

Do we need to employ the services of a solicitor in the UK ?

Expert advisor
05-02-2006, 03:48 PM
In response to your message, I inform you that you should get your brotherís Will in the UK. However, if he did not signed one, the probate from the High Court translated and apostilled will be required. Moreover, it is necessary the Death Certificate in order to get the negative certificate of the Will in Spain.
Finally, with all these documents the title deeds for the distribution of the estate would be granted with all these documents.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance.