View Full Version : Civil Parnership (same sex)

05-17-2006, 03:29 PM

Could you please tell me how to go about arranging a Civil Partnership between a same sex couple, in Torrevieja?

What documents & translations are required and would a Partnership be recognised under UK Law (survivors pension etc) ? Any details about the procedure would be most helpful.

We are both Residents here and we do not return to the UK, so it would be much easier to register our Partnership here. We are not looking to hold a ceremony, just a simple signing of the Register.


Nigel and Craig

Expert advisor
06-06-2006, 05:25 PM
In response to your e-mail I inform you that the requirements for the registration would be as follows:

- Live in Spain with the partner at least one year
- Registration at the Town Hall (Padron)
- Proof of identity that you can obtain at the registry office (Registro Civil)
- NIE numbers or Residency cards

You will have to go to Alicante in order to register your partnership, to the offices of Justicia y Administraci�n Publica located in Rambla Menendez Nu�ez Street, n.� 41, 3rd floor.

Should you have any further question, please do not hesitate to contact us.