Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Let there be light

My house will be ready shortly and I will be presented without any light fittings. I need to buy all my internal and external light fittings. Anyone know any good places?
    PaddyW

let there be light

Hi Paddy W, carrefour is a good place for lights, i found that they had such alarge selection,and they exchange if they do not look right when fitted,their ceiling fans/lights where the cheapest around. You do not say what area you have bought in, there is a good electric shop on the service road at la zenia round about. when fixing out side lights use the day/night bulbs they cost about 24euros and are well worth the money.Nodoubt you will have been warned about changing your locks,and getting a alarm fitted.Anyway all the best in your new venture
    Regards Uncle MoMo.

Comentario

I am going to be in the Murcia area.
      PaddyW

Comentario

There's a huge Carrefour in Cartagena as well, on the main road as you enter the city from the motorway on your right - can't miss it. There must be one in Murcia as well but I don't know where it is.

Jane

Comentario

Brico house is also good for lights! A small version of B&Q.

Comentario

Lights - an interim measure

I think that the best thing I can do in the interim is to bring a load of bulb holders with me from the UK. I will fit them and buy some bulbs. This way I will at least have some light while I shop around. I will also buy some table lamps as a short term measure.

I have a funny feeling that it is going to take me quite a while to get the right fittings. I think that the most problematic ones will be the ceiling lights in the sitting room. I think that I could be easily satisfied but I think my wife will have a different approach. I can just imagine the number of shops (if we can find them) that I will be dragged around.
            PaddyW

Comentario

Comentario

Paddy, just make sure the bulb holders are the screw in type

Comentario

Alfombra Man is right, Paddy. Bayonet bulbs are like rocking horse droppings in Spain!

I brought two bedside lamps over with me for my apartment, and now have to remember to bring over a supply of bulbs in case one of them blows.

Does anyone know if it's possible to change bayonet fittings for screw fittings on lamps?

Chris.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                  X