Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Exporting the car.

I am due to take my car out to Torrevieja and get it changed over and put spanish number plates on it etc etc.

But when i go to the ITV station to get it done, what paper work do they require. I have sent the V5 log book off to DVLA and they have sent back a Certificate of Permanent export document and kept the V5 log book.

Hope someone can help.

Regards.
    DP.

From what i have heard as i will soon be doing the same thing as yourself.Thats its probably better getting a solocitor out here to do it for you.Or there are people advertising in the Costa Blanca News that will do it,at a price of course.Finally opposite the ITV place in torry,there is an office with a TUV sign above it,they will give you assistance and advice.

Comentario

Hi there
      I've nearly completed the process of changing from UK to Spanish plates. It's not easy but a lot cheaper if you do it yourself with the help of a Spanish speaker. I don't know what a certificate of permanent export looks like or if its accepted by ITV but they will certainly check that the chassis number matches the document you submit. Make sure you explain that you want to change to Spanish plates as the fee for this is Euro 60 instead of the usual Euro 30 (or thereabouts). You'll get a temporary receipt from ITV and they will direct you to TUV or similar where for Euro 80 a technical report is issued (take all original car documents with you). Return to ITV the following day and you'll get your certificate and window sticker. Next, go to the SUMA office in Torre and make sure your local taxes are paid up and that you'e registered with them (you need to own a property). There is no need to get a "padron" (residency) at the Town Hall if you're not resident in Spain, being a property owner is enough. Now the going gets tough and you the help of a Spanish speaker a two offices in Alicante. The first (don't ask for the name - I can't remember) will determine if any local VAT has to be paid (which is the case whenever ownership changes). In my case as there was no change the fee was negligble. The final step is with Trafico which a friend of mine took care of so I don't know exactly what happens there. What I do know is that the queues : in both Alicante offices are horrendous!! Get there when they first open (8.30) get a numbered ticket, read a good book and you might keep your sanity!
      Alternatively, pay your Fiscal Rep Euro 700 + disbursments and get them to do it.
      Good luck
      Ingo

Comentario

Trabajando...
      X