View Full Version : Do property owners need a licence for holiday lets?

05-15-2007, 08:10 PM
can anyone tell me the facts about the stories of which are going around regarding

Licences of which are required for renting property,
is it true that a licenc must be obtained to let out a property to holiday makers or would this be for long term lets for a particular length of time.
would this licence be for the owner to get or for the property manager?
If there is such a licence what would the cost be?
what would the requirements be to obtain the licence?
how easy would it be and what is the length of time?
any information, would be most appreciated.

Thank you


Expert advisor
05-22-2007, 08:52 AM
The licence would be required depending on the urban classification of the construction on the land (hotel area) (tourist holiday apartments). Should the property be built in a residential area, the licence is not required but the lease should be notified to the Tourism Department when the owner has 5 or more properties rented, however the season does not affect.

Please contact us should you require any further information.