PDA

View Full Version : living in under build

kenbowns
06-18-2007, 04:03 PM
We have a downstairs apartment with a storage cellar beneath which has a door fitted for access, this was fitted 9 yrs ago before we bought the property, our next door neighbours apartment is back to back with ours and has the same storage access.
Our new problem is that my neighbours upstairs neighbour has decided to use their portion of the storage areas to construct a living area for them selves and then rent out their own property, the ´living area´is directly beneath our neighbours lounge and partly beneath our kitchen.
I have seen inside the almost complete ´new´dwelling which has a kitchen, tv, etc etc and I have also asked the person concerned if they intend to live there, they do.She says she has town hall permission which we do not believe for one minute.
I am sure that creating living areas in under builds is illegal, what is our quickest course of action as she will be moving in very shortly and we feel that once she is in it will be a long drawn out process to remove her.

A fast reply would be very much appreciated, Ken.

Expert advisor
07-03-2007, 10:14 AM
You should report the situation to the Town Hall as first of all, the cellar should have habitability conditions but furthermore, the whole complex has a building percentage allowed and a number of properties. That is to say that no properties can be built without the permission of all the owners.

Should you require further information, please contact us.