View Full Version : Marriage break-up

07-27-2007, 04:10 PM
My wife and I have split up We do plan to stay friends and we do trust each other.

We have 2 properties in Spain, one with a mortgage and one property in the Uk all in joint names. Can you advise me on the following.

1. How do we register a separation in Spain ?

2. My wife will probably take over the property in Spain as she works here, so we will have to change the deeds, land registry ect - what would be the taxes and costs involved in doing so and would we both need to attend the notary to sign documents ?

Thank you.

Expert advisor
09-10-2007, 07:21 AM
1. You should only register the separation in the country where you got married.
2. Regarding the division of assets, you should dissolve the joint ownership adjudicating the estate: profits and duties. One of you could be the awarded whenever the other is economically compensated.

For further information, please contact us.