Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Unfair change to community fees.

At the AGM 2 years ago the few resident owners present voted to change the way community fees were collected from the normal quota system to that of everyone paying equal amounts.
    The block of that makes up our community include Studio apartments, 1 bed and 2 bed apartments. as well as one very large apartment that was made up of what was to be 2 separate 3 bed apartments.
    Needless to say, those present were owners of the largest 2 bed properties. as well as the owner of the very large one.
    Obviously the only ones to benefit were those living in the largest units at the cost of those in the smaller ones.
    The studios saw the largest increase of between 200 and 300%
    The 1 bed units saw an increase a little less than this, and the 2 bed units saw a reduction. The very large unit saw a huge reduction.
    At the vote the only owners present and to vote were these 2 bed owners, the owner of the large unit abstained.
    I objected to this change in writing to the administrators within 30 days of the meeting but the letter was ignored. In fact the higher bills were sent out before this period was up anyway. I know they recieved the letter as I included a cheque with the letter for an amount equal to the prevous charge, and it was cashed.
    All subsiquent letters and e-mails has just been ignored.
    At last years meeting another owner objected to the change but was told that as no objections were made the change was legal. This of coure was not true.
    This years meeting is due soon and I would be gratefull for your advise as to what to do.

I hope this matter was eventually resolved and everything is running smoothly now.

Comentario

Trabajando...
    X