Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Thread of Rememberance for those who have lost everything

Let us use this thread to remember all those that lost everything in an instance in Thailand and the surrounding areas. Leave your thoughts and make this the equivalant to signing a book of rememberance.

The scale of this disater is just incomprehensible, every half hour on Sky news the death toll rises by several thousands. My thoughts are with all involved.

Comentario

We can not imagine what these people are going thru.
      Our thought are with them, and hope they can re build their lives after such an event

Comentario

Indian Ocean Disaster

Unfortunately kind thoughts alone will not help them a lot. They need money and quickly. Can I appeal to everyone who is part of this Forum to give something. Even one Euro from each of a thousand people becomes a substantial sum.

Comentario

Give as much as you can but try and put the money into a bank directly. ALL banks in the UK have waived their handling fees. I'm sure that banks in Spain will do the same.

Be VERY careful if you give to street collections as there are people out there who will see this as yet another oportunity to make money from other peoples misfortune and play on your goodwill to give to a cause when the money does not go anywhere but their pockets.

FAR better to put the money direct into a bank or donate by credit card over the phone or internet

Comentario

Anyone know if the SPanish banks are taking in money for this yet?

Comentario

Rememberance Thread

Would like to add my name to this thread. What a tragic thing to happen.

I have checked with Banco Halifax Hispania and they have not set up any money collection points in Spain maybe their customers should ask for them to do so.

May all those who lost their lives rest in peace

Lori

Comentario

Hi all,
                if you go to a charity website eg unicef, direct and you are a british taxpayer, they will get another 28p in the pound extra if you tick the box
                :P :P

Comentario

excellent way to pay and has been pointed out here and elsewhere is what these people need most at the moment is MONEY so that those on the ground can decide what to spend it on.

Packages of this and that are good and most welcome but lets leave the choice to the most needed equipment to those who are at the scene and are in the best position to decide.

MONEY WILL BUY WHAT IS NEEDED MOST IMMEDIATELY.

then wait for appeals for particular items

Comentario

Donations

Just by way of information, the UK is now the highest single donor both Government and people. - makes you proud to be British doesn't it?

Comentario

If you are based in Spain Bankinter is accepting donations over the counter by cash or credit card.
                      Donations go to either Cruz Roja (Red Cross) or the Spanish arm of Oxfam. You choose.

Comentario

Also Cam bank will accept donations without any charges.
                        Cath

Comentario

Christmas Sales - Priorites?

I was going to go out and spend my money in the Christmas sales but you have to get your priorities right. It seems immoral to squander money on trivialities when so many people are suffering. Goodbye to the Christmas sales - I know where my money is going.
                          PaddyW

Comentario

Hi all,

I was at a Boxing day party when I first saw the pictures that have become part of our lives over the last seven days.

Then it was about 10,000 reported dead, now its over 150,000.Who knows what the final count will be.

I remember saying to someone at the party that unfortunately people would soon forget! But I was wrong - I do not think that any of us will ever forget the pictures that we have seen or the stories that we have heard - Like the pictures of the two tower's we will never forget.

Every person that I know has given something to help these poor people.

Please give all you can.

Regards,

Dave D

Comentario

mike and carol hall

i have just found out that the 2 people who died in the tsunami from playa flamenca were two people i knew mike and carol hall who were 60, i am unemployed at the moment and dont have much money so i wasnt going to donate anything but i am going to put my january sales money in to the fund now as it has touched my heart even more knowing that mike and carol were among the dead, i cant imagine what their family is going through but i give them my gretest condolences and want to let them know that mike and carol will be adly missed they were both lovely people and always spoke whenever i saw them, god rest their souls.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X