View Full Version : Is a tax return necessary?

08-03-2005, 11:23 AM
My wife and I now have residencia here, we are early retired and our only source of income is a civil service pension which is taxed in the UK. Do we need to submit tax returns and is there any benefit in having a fiscal representative ? Your advice would be welcome.

Expert advisor
08-05-2005, 01:24 PM
The Residency in Spain, not the Stay, implies the obligation of the Fiscal Residency, meaning this that Taxes should be paid in Spain not in the homeland country, as there are agreements between Spain and the U.K to avoid the double taxation.

Notwithstanding, if your only income comes from, as you stated, a pension paid as a consequence of your work for the British Civil Services, the Taxes should be paid exclusively in the U.K, being this case an exception to what the norm is.

Finally, being Resident in Spain, there is no need for you to have a Fiscal Representative, as the only taxes you will have to pay are the Town Hall Rates, which can be direct debit paid through your bank account.

For more specific information, please contact our offices in Torrevieja where you will be kindly assisted by the contact person there, Maria Costa.