Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• people who do not pay their urban/fees

Our urbanization is 2years old this july,and already there are residents who because they have a pool are not paying their urbanization fees,what if anything can be done to make these people.any advice will be appreciated. Regards Uncle Momo

Comentario

First of all make sure the subject of non-payment is raised at your meetings and make sure that the amounts owed by the various owners, and for which periods of time, is recorded in your "Libro de Actas" Also record that the meeting agreed to recover the outstanding debts.
      The rest is easy, these days the law is on your side and it is usually enough to threaten with the full force of the law to make the most hardened non-payer cough up.

Comentario

Additionally, no one can sell until the Notary has a signed letter from the Administrator saying that the fees are paid up to date.

Comentario

We have people on our urbanisation who havent paid for 3 years now. The have been denounced and have an order against them to say they cannot sell until the fees are paid up to date. Like they said, they dont want to sell so why pay?? Dont know where you go from there.

Comentario

Hello A few familiar names on this thread! Did you get out of the Crimson Room then, Caireen?

When I bought my resale there were community fees outstanding, but I had amended my contract with the vendor to state that I wouldn't be held responsible for any outstanding debts against the property. Don't know if this was legal or not, but when I put the President (who came chasing after me for the outstanding fees) in contact with my solicitor, and the vendor, the matter was settled pretty quickly and at no cost to myself. Rspltd - I don't know if the letter you mentioned was presented to the notary, but there were definitiely fees outstanding when we bought. At our latest AGM the Urb voted to take legal action against those who had fees outstanding - this is definitely the forum to raise this matter. the only issue is that it costs to take legal action. As Caireen says, the other option is to make the outstanding fees a charge against the property, but this doesn't help in funding the day-to-day expenses of the community.

If the amount owing is quite high, call an EGM and vote for legal action to recover the money. Your Urb / community may also wish to consider paying an insurance to cover such legal costs in the future, especially if you have persistent non-payers,

Chris.

Comentario

Hi Chris

Got out of Crimson, Blue AND Viridian...how clever am I LOL.

Caireen xx

Comentario

we have a place on Serena IV, Playa Flamenca - last time we were over (last oct) the urb was approx 10,000 euros in debt because of non-payers (mostly the Spanish!)

Everyone who owed 500+ were apparently going to be sued but @ 200 euros per year comm charges that still gives everyone 2 1/2 years free!

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X