• Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Wills

Re the new directive come August:-

My Spanish will was made in 2004.

The second paragraph of my will states in translation:-

''The testatrix manifests that this will is drawn up according to his/ her personal law, and leaves any corresponding legitimate rights safe.''

Could you tell me please if this would this cover the new legislation or will I still need to make a new will ?

Good afternoon, if you are British, Irish or Danish, these countries did not accept the Act so the new Inheritance law does not affect these nationals and a new Will would not be needed.

Comentario

Wills

Originalmente publicado por Spanish Solutions Ver Mensaje
      Good afternoon, if you are British, Irish or Danish, these countries did not accept the Act so the new Inheritance law does not affect these nationals and a new Will would not be needed.
      But does this include assets in Spain who did accept the Act ?

Regards

Comentario

Good question. Firstly, I should have stated that following the new European Law, the changes only apply to Residents of Spain. Secondly in answer to your question, no the Probate process works on the nationality of the deceased. For British, Irish and Danish living in Spain your national law will apply. For all other nationalities from August, the law applicable for Wills and Probates will be the law of the country where the deceased was living, not the national law.

Comentario

Thank you for that.

Comentario

Trabajando...
          X