Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Satellite fitters

I've searched the forum and all topics seem to be about satellite packages for sale.
    I have a Sky digi box and a freesat card for all the free to air channels which I intend bringing over with me next week.
    Anyone recommend a fitter in the area who can supply and fit a suitable dish for me?

Cheers
    Nige.

I've installed a 1.2m dish and taken a digibox over - This was a DIY as we have flat roof, had to take a TV to the roof to tune it all.
    It is good enough for holiday viewing - Sky News, CNN, Radio2 & 4, and lots of shopping channels and pop radio. I don't think the freesat card will give you anything extra as you can't get the signal for BBC & ITV anyway.

I first had a 600mm dish which also worked reasonably well for the above. If you have a full Sky card, you can get sky sports & movies no problem.

Comentario

So, it is not possible to get the BBC or ITV in this part of Spain?

Comentario

Satelite Fitters

Hi Nige
        Have just seen your posting. Can't speak for the 1.2 dish but I can say that I have installed a 1.9 in a low lying area where the mesh system can not be received. I am getting superb reception on B.B.C. 1 - 3 and 4 but 2 is only availabe for four hours at night. Also have I.T.V. 1 - 2 and 3 with perfect reception. These are all with a free to view card and best of all - no monthly payment whatsoever. By the way - Carrefour are selling Dish - decoder and most of what is needed for about 170 Euro's.
        Hope you have luck with your efforts.

Hello to anybody out there who may remember me. I was on the old and I think original board in 2000 and '01 and '02. I have since moved over fulltime and have just rejoined this evening.

Cheers
        Reiki2000

Comentario

Thanks for that Reiki. That's all I want, no monthly fee's and the free sat like we get in the UK.
          Cheers

Comentario

Does this mean you can get sky for 170 euros providing you can get it fitted yourself? With no monthly subscriptions?

Thanks

Comentario

SKY channels yes but you need a big dish for BBC & ITV. There are hot spots where the signal is stronger but most places in the Costa Blanca you need near 3M dish.
              The big dish costs a lot to get and put up and takes up most of your sun-roof.

Comentario

sattelite fitters

Sorry Guys but I am not in the trade

Hot spots are not my scene.

My dish is 1.9 mtrs and I've got the BBC's the ITVs and ch 4 and 5 and everything except the sky pay channels. But like I said. No monthly bill.

Reiki2000

Comentario

if you want full time bbc i'd use a 2.4mtr dish then you'll get your free view card to work

Comentario

Reiki2000 how did you manage to find out where to point your dish at ?
                    Did you have to use a sat finder or did someone install it for you ? Also this kit from carrefour what else do you need which is not included.
                    Thanks,
                    Hooky.

Comentario

Hooky i think i know you, do you live in tyne & wear? if so i know all your family, anyway the satgear from carrefore is'nt any good for most uk tv, if you want uk tv without geting microwave you'll need a big dish but you can easily share the dish and price with 3 other neigbours, then you can get freesat from sky, if you want any more info just ask
                      how daft am i, i did'nt read your profile i do know you, well i your dad anyway, like is said give me a shout if you want to know more

Comentario

Hi Hookey

I didn't have a clue where to point the dish.

I got a guy in the trade to do it for me and he used a meter of some sort.

No complaints and no bills.

As far as I know -= the only additions to the Carrefour pack that you will need are mounting brackets and the required amount of co-ax cable.

Can't speak for the quality of picture though.

Cheers

Reiki2000

Comentario

Unless you have a signal meter (sattelite finder), the best way is to have the digibox and a TV near the dish. The digibox has a signal test option on one of the menues (services, system set up etc). You set it all up and move the dish a little at a time and watch the TV. Because it's digital, it takes the digibox quite a few seconds to sync. each time.

Shouting down to the wife just dosn't work - it's not like an analogue signal.

Comentario

yes pandashoe thats me who are you?

Comentario

hi hooky sorry it's took so long i'm mell cairns's son in law but your dad knows my as colin hill, did you get your tely sorted out yet? if not i'd be happy to talk to you about it, i'm going over to my place (ente narranjos) this friday the 7th oct to try and get our communitys freesat sorted, we are trying to get a communal freesat system put in but as you know this is spain it's only took 3 month to get this far

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X