Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncio todavía.

More about - Changing Sterling in Spain !! an update!

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Comentario

Aviator,

Thanks for the info, I will give it a go !

Got to be cheaper than some of the banks anyway.

Comentario

To use TIPANEX you have to have telephone banking and you just inform your bank of your Spanish bank details and how much to transfer and it can take up to six days but I usually wait 3 to 4 working days., and you should also get business exchange rate.

Richard

Comentario

Hi all,

Well I find this all most interesting !!

So many ways to move money but I do think that Aviator has cracked it !!

I to will be opening an account soon.

Thanks again! Keep it coming ?

Regards,

Dave D.

Comentario

Hi all again,

Sorry Roy and Val, I missed yours out but it also sounds very good !

Adios,

Dave D.

Comentario

Cash

Aviator

Moneybookers need an E-mail address to transfer money to Spain I cant find one for Bankinter at Los Dolces. How do you overcome this?

Comentario

Comentario

Dosh

Cheers Aviator I think now I have finally got the hang of it,but is it beneficial to load sterling into Moneybookers and get them to send Euros,their exchange rates seemed excellent today

Comentario

JDC

I have not tried converting sterling to Euros before transferring it to my Spanish bank, mainly because I have generally found that I get a better exchange rate converting sterling to Euros in Spain. However, this may not always be the case. Before converting to Euros in the UK, you would be wise to check that Moneybookers don't levy extra charges/commission for this type of transaction.

Incidentally, the manager of the Playa Flamenca branch of Bankinter told me it was better to send sterling to Spain and convert it there, so I have just stuck with this policy.

Please let me know if you find you get a better deal by doing the currency conversion in the UK.

Comentario

sending money abroad in euro

looking back at previous posts, I had a scan at the moneybookers site. Unless I am mistaken, the charge now for sending money abroad is 1% up to a maximum of e.50 or withrawing money is e1.80 flat fee. does this sound right? aviator - when you responded in last posts you advised fee for withdrawing was e3.5 - am I looking at the wrong thing? what is the difference between "sending" and "withdrawing money to bank".

I am a bit disconcerted as the fees appear to have gone down - can't be!!!

Liz

Comentario

Comentario

Transferring Money to Spanish Bank via Moneybookers

Hi Lizzy

My earlier posts describe the process of transferring money to Spain from a UK (in my case NatWest) bank account using the Moneybookers service.

The SEND MONEY option should not be used as it involves a more expensive form of money transfer.

In Moneybookers terminology the WITHDRAW option means you are withdrawing money from your Moneybookers account to your Spanish bank account by means of electronic transfer, which is the cheapest way to send money abroad. The money you are "withdrawing" is the money you previously deposit in your Moneybookers account by online transfer from your UK account.
                          In a nutshell:
                          (1) you withdraw money from your UK account;
                          (2) you deposit it in your Moneybookers account;
                          (3) you then withdraw

Comentario

Hi, we have just opened a account in uk with halifax,so we could then open one with halifax es.we can then transfer completly free of charge any money from halifax to halifax es.all that is needed is 600euros to open .so we will be able to withdraw euros when we are over, at the bank rate.
                            hope that makes sense
                            Tina

Comentario

I used currencies direct albeit for a one off large transfer.

The moneybookers seems a good idea, seems like it just takes getting used to.

I think the problem withthe Halifax is that you have to keep a certain amount in the account all year round and there is only one branch in this area in Torrevieja, whereas most banks have branches everywhere! i looked into this when we came over but found it was just as easy to open a spanish bank account and use Currencies direct for the transfer and they have an agreement with most Spanish banks which forgo charges!!

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X