Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• arthritis, asthma and rheumatism

I have read on a number of websites that the World health org have said that the Torrevieja area is one of the healthiest places to live.

Both of my sons suffer with asthma and my mother with arthritus.

Does anyone on the board suffer with the above, if so, has living in the Torrevieja area helped in any way?

Also what are your thoughts on San Pedro del Pinatar & Pilar de la Horadada. As we are moving to the Torrevieja area next month and have been told these are nice towns to live in.

Cheers
    Dean

I did some Spanish lessens with an Irish lady who had moved here after suffering with terrible arthritis in her shoulders of all places. It was so severe that even getting caught in the rain could mean agony for days. After 3 months here she told me her life had been transformed, not much pain and none at all during the hot summer months.
    The salt lakes behind Torrevieja are supposed to pull all the moisture out of the atmosphere and create really dry air.

Good luck

Comentario

I'm pretty sure that somewhere on the Costa Blanca there is a place where you can bathe in mud,not a health spa but a lake or something,I know I've seen photos of it but can't remember where,and I think that it's supposed to be beneficial to the joints as well as being a good skin conditioner.If someone out there knows what I'm talking about,they may have more info on it and it may help with arthritus and rheumatism.

Comentario

I have not experience it myself, but you can do this (mud bathe) at San Pedro del Pinatar.

Comentario

Hi
          I suffer from arthritis and fibromyalgia and I didn't have much pain in Torre until the rain started in December. Back in England for a month now and feel terrible.
          I believe Lo Pagan mud is especially good for skin problems but it certainly eased the pain of my broken foot last summer.

Comentario

Hi all,

My wife suffers from arthritis and other types of aches and pains and gets it very badly in the winter months in England but in the times that we have spent in Torrevieja, over the last 4 years, she is convinced that the dry air there is beneficial to her.

I think the air there is beneficial to me also because it stops my wife from complaining about the above !! so we are both happy ??

With regard to the mud. I have never tried it but we have seen lot's of people with it covering their bodies from the main road by the salt lakes.

Regards,

Dave D

Comentario

Arthritus and mud baths

Hi, this is my very first visit to the website although I have been an avid reader for some time. With regard to bathing in mud, you can visit the salt lake which runs alongside Torretta III. Lots of people go there and plaster themselves with mud or bath in the salt lake. Good luck.

Comentario

Comentario

Comentario

This area is great for your health ,Pilar and San Pedro are really nice ,I came here seven years ago with a pain in my leg (Knee) and my neck,I feel great now.In the winter I can recommend Infrared Heating in your home it is a 100 times better than conventional heating ideal if you suffer from Rheumatism ,Arthritis .

Comentario

The W.H.O. actually considers that the eastern coast of Spain as a whole boasts one of the healthiest climates in Europe, not one specific area in the region which more often than not is the claim of estate agents keen to sell property in that area. It is true that the climate specifics in this region seem to benefit the health of those who suffer from rheumatism, arthritis or asthma. A friend of mine suffers badly with the latter but all symptoms are minimal when he visits the Costa Blanca.

Comentario

My wife and daughter both have astme, in mallorca the winters were terrible as its very humid there. Since we moved to Alicante, my wifes problems are minimal, and my daughters astma totally gone.
                        Apparently, the salt lakes, dries the air and give it an optimal humidity, the flatland with the mountans behind, keepd the temperature up and the rain away.
                        Thats the explanation I got from someone.

Comentario

Very beneficial

My brother-in-law suffers from rheumatoid arthritis and has lived in the area for the past 2 years and says it has transformed his life. Even though he lived in the south west of England he used to spend most of the winter months confined to the house. Although not running marathons he is always on the move in summer and winter.

Comentario

I've had asthma for years, and the excessivly damp conditions of the UK make breathing very hard. However, it can be too dry here, with little rain to 'clean' the air, there is a heavy build up of dust and other pollutants. Sometimes I'd gladley swop the dust for a drop of rain.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por tonka Ver Mensaje
                              I'm pretty sure that somewhere on the Costa Blanca there is a place where you can bathe in mud,not a health spa but a lake or something,I know I've seen photos of it but can't remember where,and I think that it's supposed to be beneficial to the joints as well as being a good skin conditioner.If someone out there knows what I'm talking about,they may have more info on it and it may help with arthritus and rheumatism.
                              There's a few, the main ones are the Salt Lakes in Torrevieja, there's a lake in San Pedro, also a lagoon in La Mangais supposed to be great for health hence the world famous la manga health club.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X