Builders

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

It appears we had nothing to worry about as our solicitor has obtained our deeds. I must say that our solicitor has been great all along. We were taken by minibus with other clients to get our NIE numbers (we were out of there in less than half an hour) and everything has been clearly explained to us along the way by bilingual staff. Our solicitor was Luis Ruiz Fernandez of Torrevieja. I would recommend him 100%

Best of luck to those who are still having problems.

Comentario

We used the Agents recommended solicitor and had no problems. Like Suzy paid them before attending the Notary to complete and received a refund of overpayment when we collected our deeds 6 months later. (ie. in November)
      First bit of luck we had in purchasing.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por morbob
        We used the Agents recommended solicitor and had no problems. Like Suzy paid them before attending the Notary to complete and received a refund of overpayment when we collected our deeds 6 months later. (ie. in November)
        First bit of luck we had in purchasing.
        Well done you!

This six months thing came as a surprise to us, I must say. We'd been assured by our sols that a refund was due once our NIE numbers had been confirmed and another was due when our vendor had redeemed his mortgage on our property.

On chatting with a chap in our bank, it transpires that the wait is a full six months before we see a cent of it!

A tad annoying, especially when our sols MUST have known.

Another warning to buyers who are taking out a mortgage.

There are taxes on the purchase and also taxes on the debt.
        As usual, ensure you have a FULL understanding of every line on the invoice fom your sols.

What is it folk say, "Buyer Beware"?

Comentario

Would it be possible for someone to forward me details of the company that is being discussed.

Comentario

R3dde send me an e-mail at morpethbob@aol.com

Comentario

R3dde,

look at Developer Running Over , posted on this site!!

Comentario

I have today heard from my solicitor in Torry who has informed me that he has been unable to contact the director of a certain builders. He has spoken to several people at their office but no one in control will speak to him, so they have been given 5 days to respond or we will sue. If you don't know, the builder has moved their office out of Torry, and moved the operation to Madrid, email me and I can let you have their address, as my lawyer has managed to track them down. This has completly ruined our new life that we had planned, we feel so sad, as we had been planning the move since Feb. 2004 when we bought into phase 4, and to cap it all, our Estate Agent has pulled out of Spain, so we are having to pay the lawyer over 2000 euros to sort this out, and if all we get back is our deposit, we will have cost us 2000 euros just to recoup it, so in 2 years, we lose money

Comentario

Stoneman,

Are you talking Colinas Del Lago, Los Balcones?

Bernie

Comentario

yes, that is the place, and the builders initials are T.U. Because so many of you have emailed me for the phone number, I have asked my lawyer in Spain to gather up all the contact info, phone, address, fax. etc. and send it to me. So please be patient and when I receive this I will reply to all of you. By the stories I am being told it seems like we might be whistling in the wind, but my lawyer says that this company is part of a larger group in Madrid, so we can claim from them. Just to check, maybe someone who lives in Torry could take a drive to the show complex that they have, the one near the big pub on the N332 to Cartigina, and see if they are still trying to sell properties from there, might be useful to know.

Comentario

Hi all

I believe I'm correct in saying that TU are a subsiduary Company of :-

" Desarrollo Y Technolgia De Centros Vacacionales, S.L. who are indeed based in Madrid

HTH

Glynne

Comentario

Hi Glynne,

That is the name that is on our contract so hopefully it wont make any difference in trying to get our money back!!

Bernie

Comentario

I now have the address of the builder in Madrid, if you care to email me, I will send it out. Also, my lawyer, who is Spanish and based in Alicante says that it would be a big advantage if all concerned got together to take the builder to court as one, and indead, a lot cheaper. If anyone is interested I can pass you onto his office.

Comentario

These are real dodgy bast*rds! They would not sign our deeds even though we paid in cash for our house 3 years ago!!! Had to threaten them with going to court and the day before they signed. My advice is do what you need to do as soon as you can. I think there are a lot of people who do not have their deeds yet and they do not know there is a problem! It only comes to light when you want to get a mortgage! Can't believe they can get away with this practice.......... Buyer beware!!

Comentario

Are you talking about book full of maps company?

Comentario

Don't get me going on them! When we ran into problems we contacted them and they cheerfully told us that they were an agent not a builder!!! Even though all their blurb states that you own the land etc...... No we had to tackle the Toady builder ourselves! Is it really true that their office in Torrevieja has closed? Worrying if so!

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X